The Cadets, and Blue Devils in Europe

bishtom

I just saw this:

CADETS, the BLUE DEVILS, and EUROPE

Discussions are underway for the Cadets to travel with the Blue Devils to Europe for a portion of the summer of 2004.

According to Hopkins, "The Blue Devils are the most experienced corps in terms of international travel. To have the opportunity to work with Dave Gibbs, Pete Emmons, and the Blue Devil organization makes this experience all the more possible. We are excited needless to say.

Possible stops include France, the Netherlands and Germany. If the finances can be secured, indeed, England is a definite possibility

All is still in the planning stages but look for further announcements in the coming weeks and months.

As always, stay tuned to www.yea.org for the latest on this coming event.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

w/Stp: I guess that blows the "It's too expensive to go to the West Coast for finals" theory out of the water. For corps that can't afford to come West, maybe instead of going to Europe or Asia for one year, these "special" corps could help foot the bill for the less fortunate. [sARCASM]Do I see salary capping in the future of DCI?[/sARCASM]

Edited by skajerk

...then why can't we have DCI on the WEST COAST if corps can travel to Europe?

Wait, let me see if I got this straight.

Someone seriously made an arguement that the majority of the corps (or even just the DIV 1 corps) have the resources to get across the rockies for a west coast finals BASED ON the fact that BLUE DEVILS and CADETS can afford to go to Europe. ;)^

God help the activity if DCI starts making tour decisions based on what a corps that charges 2k to march can afford to do.

As for the Cadets and Blue Devils going to Europe, good for them (no sarcasm intended). The stateside shows will miss them, but the rest of the corps will still put on great shows.

Someone seriously made an arguement that the majority of the corps (or even just the DIV 1 corps) have the resources to get across the rockies for a west coast finals BASED ON the fact that BLUE DEVILS and CADETS can afford to go to Europe. ;)^

God help the activity if DCI starts making tour decisions based on what a corps that charges 2k to march can afford to do.

As for the Cadets and Blue Devils going to Europe, good for them (no sarcasm intended). The stateside shows will miss them, but the rest of the corps will still put on great shows.

:( Hey don't sweat it..Hop will just pass the price on to the kids. In 2001 when they went out to california, dues, (tour fee, tuition, whatever) were in the range of $3k!

:( Hey don't sweat it..Hop will just pass the price on to the kids. In 2001 when they went out to california, dues, (tour fee, tuition, whatever) were in the range of $3k!

That's rediculous! I won't tell you how many seasons I could have marched with Star for $3000.

But I guess that's what corporate sponsorship will bring you.

Edited by WoobieATL

Marcus.... I love ya man, but you really need to know what you are talking about before you post an inaccuracy like this. It's simply untrue.