The Cadets, and Blue Devils in Europe

bishtom

On the one hand, I think it's great that Europe is going to get two of DCI's best. It will be a great experience for both the members, and the EU fans.

On the other, I agree whole-heartedly with my buddy SkaJerk in that too many Eastern groups/fans complain about coming to the West Coast. Hey, we've been going to Buffalo/Orlando/Boston/Atlanta/Miami/Montreal ETC. every year since the last time DCI has even attempted to move out this way (and, no...DENVER IS NOT THE WEST COAST).

I read previous posts here and elsewhere opining that DCI plays favorites (after all, they do the scheduling - they dictate which groups go where, for the most part). Frankly, I'm really getting tired of it!

I'm all for BD/Cadets going to Europe in 2004. HOWEVER...DCI had better find it in their infinite wisdom to finally send some groups that have never been to the West Coast. Bluecoats, Glassmen, Carolina Crown, Magic, Colts, Boston Crusaders: The West Coast wants the chance to cheer for you here...Crossmen, come back - we miss you; Phantom Regiment: CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU OUT HERE FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 1981.

That's all for me...

It still isnt official...just in early negotiations

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the one hand, I think it's great that Europe is going to get two of DCI's best. It will be a great experience for both the members, and the EU fans.

On the other, I agree whole-heartedly with my buddy SkaJerk in that too many Eastern groups/fans complain about coming to the West Coast. Hey, we've been going to Buffalo/Orlando/Boston/Atlanta/Miami/Montreal ETC. every year since the last time DCI has even attempted to move out this way (and, no...DENVER IS NOT THE WEST COAST).

I read previous posts here and elsewhere opining that DCI plays favorites (after all, they do the scheduling - they dictate which groups go where, for the most part). Frankly, I'm really getting tired of it!

I'm all for BD/Cadets going to Europe in 2004. HOWEVER...DCI had better find it in their infinite wisdom to finally send some groups that have never been to the West Coast. Bluecoats, Glassmen, Carolina Crown, Magic, Colts, Boston Crusaders: The West Coast wants the chance to cheer for you here...Crossmen, come back - we miss you; Phantom Regiment: CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU OUT HERE FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 1981.

That's all for me...

Hopefully if Crossmen decides to do a western tour again, they'll have much better luck than we did. Our buses were old with no A/C ....two of them couldn't make the journey back to PA. :angry:

Iheard BD might try to compete in the 2004 world showband championships in England, is this still the plan???? (btw the last corps to win this title in England was Empire Statesmen in 1998)

BTW, this year's World Campionship for Marching Show Bands is held in Monza, Italy. Is any European corps going to compete for the title there this year? Although Taipei Yuehfu isn't going to compete in DCI this year, the Taiwan Band Association has invited the corps to travel to Italy and compete. For several logistic and financial reasons, the corps has decided to form a temporary marching band with a high school and represent Taiwan in the competition. I was wondering whether we might meet any European corps there. :angry:

Iheard BD might try to compete in the 2004 world showband championships in England, is this still the plan???? (btw the last corps to win this title in England was Empire Statesmen in 1998)

BTW, this year's World Campionship for Marching Show Bands is held in Monza, Italy. Is any European corps going to compete for the title there this year? Although Taipei Yuehfu isn't going to compete in DCI this year, the Taiwan Band Association has invited the corps to travel to Italy and compete. For several logistic and financial reasons, the corps has decided to form a temporary marching band with a high school and represent Taiwan in the competition. I was wondering whether we might meet any European corps there. :angry:

Hmm, Italy is a little bit to far away. :(

• 1 month later...

BTW, this year's World Campionship for Marching Show Bands is held in Monza, Italy. Is any European corps going to compete for the title there this year? Although Taipei Yuehfu isn't going to compete in DCI this year, the Taiwan Band Association has invited the corps to travel to Italy and compete. For several logistic and financial reasons, the corps has decided to form a temporary marching band with a high school and represent Taiwan in the competition. I was wondering whether we might meet any European corps there. :rolleyes:

As far as I heard no Corps is going the this event.

The Englisch Corps do their DCUK stuff, the dutch corps do DCE (witch should be DCH) and the german corps do

DCG. There is no Drum Corps event that covers hole Europe.

AND Starriders participate several time on simular (but smaller events) and were beaten by girl flute band doing block show. Comment of the judge "What are the Bass Drum doing, they are not playing synchrone", "why is the brass moving backwards, they should turn around and march forwards"

anything to say more !!!!!!!