Language use on DCP

JohnD

Tell that to George Carlin. IMO... he has a large grasp of the English language.

Just making a statement from something that I heard years ago... I didn't say it was true. Although it does seem like we could find other words to use. Just a thought.....

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are not television, and that behavior would likely get you cited for indecent exposure. Black bar or not.

Yep No pictures at all. So you only have personal interpretation. Which you will do FOR US. Thanks so much.

Edited by Jimisback

Profanity use is a product of the environments that we live in. Tell people from the ghetto that they're not allowed to use profanity. Tell people from New York City that live in urban areas (like myself) that they can't use profanity.

I have people in my office saying they should be allowed to smoke where they work because they smoke at home (iow - environment).

IMO, it's a question of respecting others.

And profanity is not used or condoned by everyone in urban environments.

Edit - At home I swear as bad as the next person (ask my wife). But when I'm around people who don't like it, the self filter is ON.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Cursing, swearing, whatever you call it...whether it is "acceptable" where you came from or not, is used for shock value.

You're not edgy or creative just because you use profanity. I find it lazy - it's like the comics who work blue because they can't buy a laught without a four letter word. Can't you find any other way to express your feelings?

#######!

Is that supposed to be Excuses?

so.... what's the official bottom line here? spelled out in clear non-ambiguous language?

if we use words that activate the ####### filters, we get suspended? a warning? banned?

and i'll bet you all thought i said a naughty word... nope.... POSTing filters. the filters used for posting.

oh, the ambiguity.

what if we "spell" something out -- for example, effing? (and if i'm suspended for this, seriously, you have no sense of decency.)

freaking? fudge? crap? these are all variations of a "naughty" word -- where's the line? fark? shoot? darn?

can we get some solid examples of what is acceptable and what isn't, and what the consequences will be -- every single time, without fail, so it's not just arbitraty enforcement for unknown reasons?

Edited by BariEuph