njthundrrd

Like New - All voices - Many price points - Tuba Savings

http://www.regiment.org/kingsale.cfm

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sadly these are in Bb.

And, in the case of the trumpets, they are two years old and only $50 less than a new silver one. What's the point.

Furthermore....isn't there a marketplace section of this forum? This is the second time this has been posted on DCP in a place other than the forum.

marching bands...sheesh

And, in the case of the trumpets, they are two years old and only $50 less than a new silver one. What's the point.

That kind of ends the argument about the switch to Bb is a better savings for the corps.That $800 USED trumpet is $100 bucks more than a BRAND NEW KANSTUL SOPRANO BUGLE.

Bb <**>

Edited by camel lips

That kind of ends the argument about the switch to Bb is a better savings for the corps.That $800 USED trumpet is $100 bucks more than a BRAND NEW KANSTUL SOPRANO BUGLE.

Bb <**>

In addition to previous comments, you can't help wonder why next to new Bb instruments need to be dumped so soon! Should buyers beware?

We are making an adjustment on the trumpet pricing today based on fair market value.

The instruments are being replaced as a part of our contract with King.

They are also never touched without gloves on, are never stood upright on the ground, and are in very good condition.

eric@regiment.org

Bb <**>

...New Kanstul Mellophone is $875.00.....(but then.....that's in "G"...) :wub:

...and yes.....DCP does have a Market Place Thread.........

Edited by melligene

Hey guys... DCI corps generally replace their instruments every two years or so. That's not just DCI either. The big-time senior corps that have contracts with the horn companies generally replace their stuff regularly as well.

But I will agree, that even in the best kept condition, that's expensive for used Bb stuff.

Furthermore....isn't there a marketplace section of this forum? This is the second time this has been posted on DCP in a place other than the forum.

marching bands...sheesh

You beat me to it. I was thinking the same thing. I thought the corps got good deals on horns then the companies bought them back to resell them. Seems the juniors are really into deposible horns if they change then ever year or two. :wub:

You beat me to it. I was thinking the same thing. I thought the corps got good deals on horns then the companies bought them back to resell them. Seems the juniors are really into deposible horns if they change then ever year or two. :bleah:

I ALSO was under the impression that there was some kind of great deal behind these two-year turn-arounds.

Apparently, the "deal" comes from convincing some other corps to pay you 90% of the original price!

Not saying these Kings aren't worth the price. Just wonder where the discount shows up, for buying 60 or so horns?