Horns for sale

njthundrrd

I always shake my head at the prices of used Bb brass from corps, but they always manage to sell them. I guess there are enough band directors out there eager to play a BD horn, or a Phantom horn, or an MBI horn that they'll pay above-new prices for 2 year old horns.

Again...if they can get that much for them, more power to them.

Yeah,,I think its Spirit that sells off thier Zenos every year for like $950.I can get a new in the box Zeno for 40% off retail through one of the big online stores and its not much more than that.

Again,,more power to them.I think many parents of high school kids don't realize the discount houses are out there,,and when they see a Zeno for $950 used and they see a MSRP of $1900,,they jump in with both feet.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To quote a fellow Mello/Melli player......"Friends don't let Friends play Bb...."

:bleah: Thats a T shirt right there.You get the first T-shirt off the rack free.

If someone wants to do up some artwork for that,,Ill be willing to give a free t-shirt to the winning sample.

Im thinking of the words and a pic of a trumpet with on of those red circles with the / through the middle of it.

BTW see the DCA Off topic section of the board for details.

Edited by camel lips

Just have to laugh a bit after reading this thread. Somehow you G devotees seemed to have overlooked a few points here in the price differentials between new G and used Bb instruments. While it is true that the new price is of Kanstul powerbore is $800 and that is where the used Kings are priced. You must have missed the new G Kanstul Contras at $6,110 and $7,235, without case, versus the used King Bb marching tubas at $2,200, $2,300, and $2,800. You might also want to look at the new Kanstul G euph at $2,190 and the used Kings in Bb at $1,300.

Just have to laugh a bit after reading this thread. Somehow you G devotees seemed to have overlooked a few points here in the price differentials between new G and used Bb instruments. While it is true that the new price is of Kanstul powerbore is $800 and that is where the used Kings are priced. You must have missed the new G Kanstul Contras at $6,110 and $7,235, without case, versus the used King Bb marching tubas at $2,200, $2,300, and $2,800. You might also want to look at the new Kanstul G euph at $2,190 and the used Kings in Bb at $1,300.

Not everyone missed it.

Ever hear the phrase "you get what you pay for"?

I will attest to that!

So has anyone played the 1141SP Tuba, I can't seem to find any online reviews. With the 4th valve played with the "other" hand it seems like it might be awkward to hold/play/march. Although it looks like it comes with a case with wheels. (I wish my Euph cases had wheels). I'd like to know the impressions of the people who've used them before I plop down $2.5K ($5.3K MSRP new) on a horn, sight unseen.

if you ever saw the old horns, they appeared to be prototypes. some had different bracing than others, and it always looked like the slides were pulled to many different lengths, even in the magazine ads.

it would surprise me if PR paid very much in the first place for those horns. I bet they got that set of horns for next to nothing, in exchange for promotion and r & d purposes. maybe the "agreement" was that they would then have to purchase horns at a later date. so they are selling the old ones to come up with money to buy new ones.

To quote a fellow Mello/Melli player......"Friends don't let Friends play Bb...."

Considering that Mellophones are in F or G, your friend has nothing to worry about. :ph34r: