2004 Phantom Ballad

I just want to say that Phantom's 2004 ballad blew me away and continues to blow me away.

I can't exactly describe it, but maybe haunting is a good word. It was so mesmerizing and the

way the chords were structured just gives me that spine tingle. Right up there with Adagio!

Can anyone who marched in the hornline that year tell me what that chord progression is

toward the end....right before the long loud note?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that whole show was so underrated. I think that in the shadow of 03, it made 04 appear not quite as good. I thought that 04 was better than 03.

~>conner

I think that ballad was Oblivion, right? There are a lot of interesting covers of that tune - Al Di Meola, Chick Corea have both done covers of it.

I'm a Piazzolla fan, was thrilled when I heard they were doing it, and I loved that whole show. Loved the castanet / contr-- er tuba feature at the beginning!

i've tried, but i really don't like the 04 ballad. in a rush so i'll think of why later :P

I honestly thought the 04 show should have placed higher than 5th, I thought they should have kept in those shiny red rectangles they had in early season too. That was a cool effect.

One of Phantom's more underrated/unappreciated programs, right along with 95 and 01(especially that brass! B) )

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

Oblivion Progression

Ebm7 | Ab9 | DbM7 | Gb7 | Cm(b5)7 | F7 | Bbm | Cm | Bbm/Db | Bb9

Cool. Thank you!