CE Forum

Toby

Lance, do attacks against non-members of this forum bring about any sort of suspension? It seems like there is a double standard. Do these standards stop applying to someone who is dead?

I don't mean that we should be all "kumbaya" when we post over there, but halfway respectful to the other side's opinion when they present it. In a word, civil.

That forum has become much like "Lord of the Flies" with this lack of oversight. And both sides are trying to treat the other like Piggy.

attacks on members only bring suspensions for some but not for all. why should non-members matter.

i'd love civility ~ but it's gone the way of the dinasour in CE sadly. for whoever said it's like 2004 again ~ IMO they are way off. 2004 looks like kindergarten compared to the current trainwreck.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trying to be flippant at all here...but one of the best solutions is just to not go into the CE forum...

that may work for you ~ but i enjoy discussing politics. i enjoy a good debate.

i used to think the forum was good but now the place IMO needs sweeping changes in order to make it a good place for really great pertinent discussion again.

Jason & Liz are right on. I was a very active participant during the 2004 election season... It was pretty heated back then but now it's just ugly. So, now I read occasionally and post rarely. My choice.

I do like to see what other people's take are on current events, what will happen etc. I keep hoping that I might get lucky and someone posts something that isn't involving back-biting insults you'd hear from a third grader.

There has been a growing trend in the CE forums that is about to come to a head. I'm sure many have noticed this, but much of the "discussion" that takes place is reaching levels of browbeating, general nay-saying, insult slinging, and the like. It is nearing a climax, and this is easily exhibited in the thread on Jerry Falwell's death.

William "Toby" Sakalaucks

I appreciate you feeling the need to be all-inclusive Toby, but this marks the second thread about Falwell where the OP talks about it coming from both sides. It is not. All the hate is coming from those who preach tolerance and acceptance.

Its becoming pretty evident that regardless of the moderation style, there are people here who delight in making offending remarks about Christianity and now dancing on the grave of Falwell.

Or maybe it's that some type and hit enter before thinking about what they're saying... continually.

Edited by skajerk

Or maybe it's that some type and hit enter before thinking about what they're saying... continually.

Oh well that obviously must be it. I don't think about anything I do. Of course, I'm just this simpleton with no rhyme or reason for my actions. Everything I do and say has a purpose. I still think the problem is overmoderation (on DCP in general) overly sensitive people.

It also doesn't help that there are posts on here not directed towards a sense of humor.