CE Forum

Toby

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well that obviously must be it. I don't think about anything I do. Of course, I'm just this simpleton with no rhyme or reason for my actions. Everything I do and say has a purpose. I still think the problem is overmoderation (on DCP in general) overly sensitive people.
Well, you must be feeling guilty about something because I didn't name names in my post. But if the shoe fits...

My Christianity picture was pretty #### funny.

As were my comments in the Jerry Falwell post

This isn't my attempt at being a smart aleck, but I seriously think you were the only one laughing.

I AM GOING TO TYPE IN CAPS TO ANNOYING EVERYONE AND TO MAKE IT APPEAR AS IF I AM SHOUTING. NOW WHO WANTS A BEER?

If personal attacks aren't allowed against members AND non-members, then there can be no name calling against anyone, dead or alive. I'm just reading the guidelines by what they say. However, I'm sure that the mods give some wiggle room when it comes to non-members, but equating a person to Hitler is definitely something that IMO is a clear violation of the guidelines and that person should be suspended for 3 days.

That's just it. That's the guidelines for all forums except for this one.

From the CE guidelines:

While we support and encourage lively discussion, passionate representation of one another’s opinions, and contributions from the many different perspectives our members have, we will draw the line for acceptable behavior at any form of personal attack(s) towards any member.

We took out the non-member guideline when we changed to self moderation.

These guidelines can be found clearly at the top of the CE forum and are quite different from the overall community guidelines.

well Jami that still doesn't change the fact that some people can make an attack or many attacks on members and never once get suspended for it.

Then I guess someone else needs to speak up besides me on that matter.

Nobody needs to speak up on it. It's simply not true. The same thing with all of the vaporous accusations about threads and posts getting deleted all of the time. It's just plain wrong.