\Americanos and others

I was just wondering if we will ever see these corps again. In 2005 alone, I think there was 7 corps that folded. One right after another. The funny thing about the Americanos is that they knew they were not going to have the money to field a corps in 2004, yet they did it anyway. In 2005 they did very little to rebuild and 2006 they folded. Big surprise. There were promises for a hopeful 2007. There has yet been word of any accomplishments. The last that I have seen the coaches are gone (sold) and the trailers are in storage. To me this should have happened a while ago. Why pay insurance for a vehicle that no longer runs or does what it is suppose to do? There are plans for an alumni reunion. There has been an alumni website set up (Canos.org) with not a lot of activity. There has yet to be any press releases from the organization for future plans and or current standings. All of this combined together makes me feel they are doing absolutely nothing for the the return?

Now what about the Organizations that say they are coming back and then fold? What are they doing to get the corps back? It just seems really odd to me that corps say they are doing things and end up sitting out again. It is nice to see organizations like VK actually do something. For the most part, it is really hard to say who is killing Div. II/III. Are the Organizational leaders really committed to getting a corps on the field again or are they just trying to leech off of whats left? I understand that it takes money to get a corps down the road, but bingo doesn't pay for everything anymore. Could the corps fate have been changed or was it forever sealed?

Edited by dcf06

My question is what exactly happened to Court of Honor? They were hot in 2004. What I would do to see a video of that show... I remember seeing a stand still of them, it was pretty sweet. Sadly they got bumped out of finals and no video evidence of their show can be found on DCI.org or anywhere else online. Their website only says, "Remember Court of Honor? Maybe this will be a "throwback" site" in plain text. So sad. I know they were only in existence for 2 years but they jumped from 11th in Div III to 4th in Div III over that course of time. Their staff obviously knew what they were doing and if the corps were still here today I could imagine them moving even further up the ladder of success. What exactly happened???? Probably financial problems?

sure it could have.. go pay their bills

Believe it or not, that seemed like the plan in 2006. They were expecting members to pay $1000 (a $200/400 raise from 2004) for a small tour and a lot of down time. I am sure the corps director would have planned community events. Still, would you be willing to give up $1000 to an organization that has a history of financial problems? No wonder why they were having problems finding members?

CoH dont quote me on this, I believe went out on financial reasons like the Americanos they purchased a bunch of new stuff and wasnt able to pay for it. Im sure there are many more reasons, but this could be a big cause.

Edited by dcf06