G bugles louder that Bb?

I just sent a post to them. If we get enough people to do it, perhaps they will answer the question once and for all. I put it in, other stuff to bust, or something close to that. This Myth has been going on long enough now. Heck, lets give it a go.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather fart in a vacuum and call myself Charlie.

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mythbusters/talk/talk.html

Try it. Cool site anyway. Even if you don't want to find out what is louder. :)

I just sent a post to them. If we get enough people to do it, perhaps they will answer the question once and for all. I put it in, other stuff to bust, or something close to that. This Myth has been going on long enough now. Heck, lets give it a go.

I hate to be a puddleglum, but there *might* be 1 person in every 100,000 Mythbusters viewers (if that) who care if a G bugle is louder than a Bb (besides - nothin' catchin' fire or blowin' up).

Plus it's not a very challenging test to set up. All you need is a way to send air through the horn at constant speed and a sound level meter. Why don't you do the test yourself and post the results here? B)

The only thing is, if mythbusters were to do the test, they would have to compare the G Bugle to a Bb horn with the exact same build (ans size) in the bore and bell. Any other experimentation would be unfair.

Edited by torn8o

I hate to be a puddleglum, but there *might* be 1 person in every 100,000 Mythbusters viewers (if that) who care if a G bugle is louder than a Bb (besides - nothin' catchin' fire or blowin' up).

Plus it's not a very challenging test to set up. All you need is a way to send air through the horn at constant speed and a sound level meter. Why don't you do the test yourself and post the results here? B)

You mean like thier pyramid over the head one? Ye there were millions that wanted to see that one. But there are millions of musicians.

I think it would be fair to take the top selling or used G bugle vs the top Bb trumpet. and to make it more interesting as stated above the db meters could be wired to shock or explosive devices attached to the testers, (Insert hornlines here).

I'm eh, busy that day. :P

I think it would be fair to take the top selling or used G bugle vs the top Bb trumpet. and to make it more interesting as stated above the db meters could be wired to shock or explosive devices attached to the testers, (Insert hornlines here).

I'm eh, busy that day. :P

LOL !!!!! That would be good. But just take the horn Spirit used in 79 or 80, or Madison 75. And compare it to todays that are used buy the loudest hornline now. db meter would have to be used.

LOL !!!!! That would be good. But just take the horn Spirit used in 79 or 80, or Madison 75. And compare it to todays that are used buy the loudest hornline now. db meter would have to be used.

OOOOoooo. you kill two birds with one stone. Not only G vs Bb, but also legacy, (sort of), vs current. Using legacy players. Wouldn't want to be in the legacy line :sshh: youth trumps age, usually, in physical contests.