Nice job by Crown

Too bad there was nothing to indicate who they were, but Crown's drumline did a nice job during driver intros for the NASCAR all-star race tonight. They made some noise and looked like they were having fun. I'm sure that's exactly what they were supposed to do!

Congrats on getting the gig, Crown!

Greg

Edited by GSNewell

Too bad there was nothing to indicate who they were, but Crown's drumline did a nice job during driver intros for the NASCAR all-star race tonight. They made some noise and looked like they were having fun. I'm sure that's exactly what they were supposed to do!

Congrats on getting the gig, Crown!

Greg

Yeah...I just finished watching them. It appeared they were having trouble hearing each other though. Could have been because the basses were on the second floor. I thought if they could have just set up in an arc, they would have been cleaner. But, like you said, they appeared to be having fun and I hope they got paid well.

Yeah...I just finished watching them. It appeared they were having trouble hearing each other though. Could have been because the basses were on the second floor. I thought if they could have just set up in an arc, they would have been cleaner. But, like you said, they appeared to be having fun and I hope they got paid well.

Sorry I missed them. I'm looking forward to the Glassmen leading the Indy 500 parade on ESPN though.

Were they wearing their new unis?

Were they wearing their new unis?

Yes they had new unis, but probably not the ones the corps will be wearing...unless NASCAR is their

new sponsor. Each of the guys in the drumline had different uniforms respresenting the various

NASCAR sponsors.

The line was set up on the main stage for the driver intros. They had several close ups and were

on stage playing for about 15 minutes. The played a non-stop cadence until all 21 drivers and their

teams had been introduced. I noticed a few of the drivers giving some of the members a high-five

or a thumbs up.

Earlier in the day a small brass ensemble from Crown played the National Anthem at a "pit crew"

contest...and no, not our kind of pit. They were identified as being from Carolina Crown.

I would think the kids that participated had a great time. They were on stage with NASCARS best

and Michael Jordan (grand marshall) was with them too. They were playing in front of 100,000+

and got a lot of camera time...as did YAMAHA.

I knew that was Crown when they started playing....but I had no clue that they were SUPPOSED to be there tonight. I wish Crown would've given us all a heads up so more of us would've known.

The All Star Challenge is reairing at 12 midnight...which was 18 minutes ago! Crown will play during intros for the 2nd race....so if you tune into speed channel they should be on there sometime after 1am.

Upon further review....as I read the press release about them performing at the Pit Crew Challenge....WAAAAYYY down at the bottom it says that they would be performing at the Nextel All Star Challenge. My bad...

I guess I should read the ENTIRE press release next time. :P

This all worked out really well, as the corps moved in to Spring Training today.

That was the Batterie minus Bass #5 and two snares. (2 UMass guys don't get out of school until Thursday)

The line did the same thing Wednesday for the pit crew challange at the arena in Charlotte.

Lots of fun had by all! :worthy:

Yes they had new unis, but probably not the ones the corps will be wearing...unless NASCAR is their

new sponsor. Each of the guys in the drumline had different uniforms respresenting the various

NASCAR sponsors.

What the guys were wearing was an outfit proiveded by NASCAR's events people.

The corps uniforms are in at GWU and the members will be fitted into them in the next couple of days.

They will premier them June 1st at the Denver and the Mile High Orchestra gig in Charlotte.

Crown Tickets if you're interested... :worthy:

Edited by tubamann