Current Events Forum Closure Discussion

Looks like I'll be more productive at work then.......not a whole lot holding my attention in the Jr. Forums and since I'm sitting out seniors this season, I have nothing of value to add there.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Extremely dissapointed.

But I won't hold on to any false hope that us talking about it here will do anything or reverse the decision.

Extremely dissapointed.

But I won't hold on to any false hope that us talking about it here will do anything or reverse the decision.

...we might be able to get one last flame war in, though.

Give it a few pages. :P

f4-flame_large.jpg

B)

sorry but that just made me giggle :)

Why couldn't they wait til June 8th.. What am I supposed to do on my planning period now and during lunch? GEEZ!

I might have to stop wasting the taxpayer dollars and ....gulp.....work!

Me likey. :)

addendum to earlier post.

the forum was unique because it was a place to discuss politics that was not expressly a political site. that is, it didn't attract only those who seek out a political forum. the range of views was FAR wider than any such forum i have seen because of this.

there are several of us who resided solely in the current events forum. discussing the merits of a 6 mello mouthpiece v. a 6V mello mouthpiece is simply not interesting to us. personally, i can't say that i envision feigning an interest in such matters just to keep my account active.

the forum had developed a personality of its own over the past several years, and while i agree that the site owner is well within his rights to simply delete it, i can't see how doing so is any form of customer "service" to those of us who never (or rarely) sunk to the level of the "flame war."

revamp? sure.

retool? yes.

delete? uh... weak.

I might have to stop wasting the taxpayer dollars and ....gulp.....work!

Oh the horror! :rolleyes:

dcp just lost a customer.

what a silly course of action.

customer? you're not paying to use dcp... dcp allows you to use it.