The Glassmen

Does anyone recall the 1998 and 1999 years for the glassmen. That was amazing stuff they were putting out on the field. Does anyone know what happened? As to why arent they placing 5th on average anymore.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently not, I was still recovering from all the unis they sported from 92-96,

I don't know why they aren't placing that high anymore, but I can say that 1997-2000 are my all time favorite Glassmen shows.. they are just fantastic! *Most notably, 1999.. WOW*

The color guard just throws like it's nothing, the brass/percussion is just wonderful and the entire shows are just ... WOW ! I wish they would pull out some more "Age of ..".. brass, copper, silver, pewter.. whatever.. love it!

Dont worry, Salas will get the ship goin again!..................

I do remember that back in the 80s, the back door to their trailer swung around when it was opened and obscured the "GL" in their name. (Seriously.) Always got a kick out of that.

Those G-men drumlines from back then--WOW! I have a couple of in the lot audio clips from DrumlineParkingLot.net before they went down. 98 and 99 lines were amazing!

Those G-men drumlines from back then--WOW! I have a couple of in the lot audio clips from DrumlineParkingLot.net before they went down. 98 and 99 lines were amazing!

The 03 line was pretty good too. I really enjoyed watching the quarterfinals performance with the person who taught me to drum. How long was that roll anyway...................?

Other than that, I'll stay out of this due to an obvious bias, however my cat really is named Prince Igor (actually Prince Igor II).

Does anyone recall the 1998 and 1999 years for the glassmen. That was amazing stuff they were putting out on the field. Does anyone know what happened? As to why arent they placing 5th on average anymore.

I remember but that is because I marched during that era.

I honestly think the biggest thing was the staff turnover. The 2000 Gershwin show didn't go over with the judges as well as the earlier years. All of the caption heads changed during the time as well with Lee Beddis, Larry Markewitcz (I probably totally f'd up th spelling of his name), etc. all left around that time. Losing Sal Salas was probably the biggest hit so having him back should make a good impression.

I do remember that back in the 80s, the back door to their trailer swung around when it was opened and obscured the "GL" in their name. (Seriously.) Always got a kick out of that.

Weren't they run by a proctologist back then ? :ph34r: :P j/k