2007 Drum Corps Japan

Eddie

Drum Corps Japan (DCJ) is celebrating their 15th year in opperation in 2007. You can get all the info for this year at dcjpn.org. But being that it's all in Japanese, I thought I would give you a bit of translation.

First off, the Championships. This year, the name is changing. It is no longer "Drum Corps Japan Championships" but instead, "All Japan Championships." This year's championships will be featuring all the great drum & bugle corps (Sonic Lancers, Cherry Blossoms, Phoenix Regiment, Imperial Sound, Tokyo Phoenix, The Yokohama Scouts, Yokohama Inspires) plus a few new faces (I know of one corps for sure that will be participating for its first time). What's different for this year are as follows:

- New Date: Championships will be held on November 11 of this year (before AJMBA Nationals), instead of the following January.

- New line-up of competition: This year's competition will include a morning "Any-Key" line-up. This new class will compete and be critiqued separately from the other drum corps. Groups in participation are still restricted to Front bell instruments only.

- New location: This year's championships will be held OUT DOORS!!! at Ajinomoto Stadium (photos / home page), home of the Tokyo Verdy 1969 and FC Tokyo professional soccer teams.

Of course, more infor can be found at http://www.dcjpn.org/

If you find yourself wanting to go somewhere this November and you're in the mood for some drum corps... GO TO TOKYO!!! and support Japan's Drum & Bugle Corps.

------------

Other DCJ events:

Tokyo Open (aka: Autumn Preview)

October 21, 2007

Ohta Stadium

Hachioji Open:

August, 2007

(more info later)

New for this year!!!

Drum Corps Preview & The Yokohama Scouts DCI Farewell Event

July 7, 2007

Kawazaki Baseball Stadium (home page

I'll try and give updates as the season progresses much like last year.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drum Corps Japan (DCJ) is celebrating their 15th year in opperation in 2007. You can get all the info for this year at dcjpn.org. But being that it's all in Japanese, I thought I would give you a bit of translation.

First off, the Championships. This year, the name is changing. It is no longer "Drum Corps Japan Championships" but instead, "All Japan Championships." This year's championships will be featuring all the great drum & bugle corps (Sonic Lancers, Cherry Blossoms, Phoenix Regiment, Imperial Sound, Tokyo Phoenix, The Yokohama Scouts, Yokohama Inspires) plus a few new faces (I know of one corps for sure that will be participating for its first time). What's different for this year are as follows:

- New Date: Championships will be held on November 11 of this year (before AJMBA Nationals), instead of the following January.

- New line-up of competition: This year's competition will include a morning "Any-Key" line-up. This new class will compete and be critiqued separately from the other drum corps. Groups in participation are still restricted to Front bell instruments only.

- New location: This year's championships will be held OUT DOORS!!! at Ajinomoto Stadium (photos / home page), home of the Tokyo Verdy 1969 and FC Tokyo professional soccer teams.

Of course, more infor can be found at http://www.dcjpn.org/

If you find yourself wanting to go somewhere this November and you're in the mood for some drum corps... GO TO TOKYO!!! and support Japan's Drum & Bugle Corps.

------------

Other DCJ events:

Tokyo Open (aka: Autumn Preview)

October 21, 2007

Ohta Stadium

Hachioji Open:

August, 2007

(more info later)

New for this year!!!

Drum Corps Preview & The Yokohama Scouts DCI Farewell Event

July 7, 2007

Kawazaki Baseball Stadium (home page

I'll try and give updates as the season progresses much like last year.

Wow, I need to keep up with this stuff, it's going to be an exciting year for drum corps in japan, I'll have to do a write up for this event.

a few new faces (I know of one corps for sure that will be participating for its first time). - New location: This year's championships will be held OUT DOORS!!!

shimizu_jokers.jpg

Really?! Awesome! (if it is you).

This year's championships will be held OUTDOORS!!!

That is good to hear. I always thought DCJ needed a bigger venue. Maybe they will hire a good video crew to record the show.

Hey! Sorry, i'm new to message boards, but i wanted to say that i've been reading DCP for a while now and just recently joined. I've marched two years in DCI and i'm currently living and working in Japan (Shin-Urayasu, Chiba) and i joined the Yokohama Inspires! I will be at most of the shows you listed. It's nice to know there are other people out there in this activity. Go DCJ!

Hey! Sorry, i'm new to message boards, but i wanted to say that i've been reading DCP for a while now and just recently joined. I've marched two years in DCI and i'm currently living and working in Japan (Shin-Urayasu, Chiba) and i joined the Yokohama Inspires! I will be at most of the shows you listed. It's nice to know there are other people out there in this activity. Go DCJ!

Good to see another DCI/J fan/member in the area. I'll be seeing you at most of the shows. What do you play?

awesome! There's a lot of good people in Inspa.

Welcome and have fun!

• 3 weeks later...

As of June 29. 2007, The Jokers Drum & bugle Corps are now a member corps of Drum Corps Japan!!!

http://www.dcjpn.org

841676_217.gif

:angry: ^OO^

As of June 29. 2007, The Jokers Drum & bugle Corps are now a member corps of Drum Corps Japan!!!

:rock: ^OO^

Good to hear. Look forward to seeing you there.

• 2 weeks later...

As of July 13, 2007, the Legend of ANGELS Drum & Bugle Corps are now a member corps of Drum Corps Japan ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^

http://www.dcjpn.org/

This is looking to be one heck of a line-up for DCJ B)