Michael "Cozy" Baker Passes Away

JohnD

I'm sorry to report that our dear friend, Cozy Baker, passed away this morning. I just received the phone call that confirms this terrible news. There are no further details regarding funeral plans or services at this time. I'm sure we'll receive more info as the day progresses.

The entire drum corps community has lost a true CHAMPION for the activity and many of us have lost a close friend.

Our prayers are with his family and those closest to him as we all grieve this terrible loss.

Rest in Peace, Cozy.

-john

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP...

Goodby Cozy! Save a spot for me in Corpsdom Heaven in the sop line!

+ + +

I'm sorry to report that our dear friend, Cozy Baker, passed away this morning. I just received the phone call that confirms this terrible news. There are no further details regarding funeral plans or services at this time. I'm sure we'll receive more info as the day progresses.

The entire drum corps community has lost a true CHAMPION for the activity and many of us have lost a close friend.

Our prayers are with his family and those closest to him as we all grieve this terrible loss.

Rest in Peace, Cozy.

-john

Tis a sad day indeed. Tammy and I feel fortunate to have seen him on a couple of his good days over Thanksgiving. We have a heaviness in our hearts after receiving the call from Jerry this afternoon. At least his suffering is over. I just don't know what to say.....

We miss you Cozy! :worthy:

:santa:

This is just devastating..I understood he was still struggling, but I hope that more info and details will elaborate on how things changed so quickly..

Vaya con Dios, Cozy..The activity has lost one of its biggest... :worthy:

Pat

Rest in Peace, Cozy.

-john

I feel a great sense of loss with this news, the entire community of Drum Corps worldwide has lost one of the last true honest men in the field. his true to life and honest words about the activity will be greatly missed.

from myself and the TSOP family, we honor Cozy and will feel his passing for some time to come.

Rest Cozy, God has a need for an honest man and it was your time to go. God bless you.

Edited by Philadelphia Brass

I am so sorry to receive the news that Cozy has lost his battle. I consider myself fortunate to have met him once and witnessed the joy that the activity gave him.