News From DCI Winter Meetings

Hello All,

Wondering what happened at the Winter Meetings that were held this past weekend. Any News on proposals or corps moving into world class? fill us in with the info!!

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All,

Wondering what happened at the Winter Meetings that were held this past weekend. Any News on proposals or corps moving into world class? fill us in with the info!!

I think WW were passed, but only double reeds, so we'll be seeing lots of bassoons, oboes and English Horns on the field this year. :laughing:

Hello All,

The meetings are next weekend as far as I know.

The DCI Annual Meeting is this coming weekend in Indianapolis. I'll be reporting on the rules votes as it happens. Look for Part I of my analyses of the rules proposals on DCI.org shortly.

I think WW were passed, but only double reeds, so we'll be seeing lots of bassoons, oboes and English Horns on the field this year. :laughing:

And what about all those bagpipe players? Or crumhorns? They don't get to play? It almost sounds like drum corps is meant for a select few instruments! Why don't we just revert to all brass and percussion!? Hey, I think we're onto something ...

:tongue:

If bagpipes get passed Roman will jump for joy!

usually we have it well before now. maybe they kept it under the radar to keep this place from exploding