SCV ALUMNUS JAMES PETERSON SCORES BIG IN PRAGUE

Hello Everyone,

Kevin Gamin suggested that I post this news in the forum.

I marched in Freelancers 1983 and 1984 and Santa Clara Vanguard in 1985 and 1986. I've been a drum corps fan since 1977 when I went to Denver to see finals as a child. I am film and television composer now.

I have just returned from Prague with a recording of my original music performed by the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra. We had a 76 piece orchestra and recorded in the Dvorak Hall. It was AWESOME. I believe that it is easy to hear the Drum Corps influence in my music and thought that the Drum Corps audience might appreciate it.

I feel that the hard work and discipline of drum corps has played a big part in my musical and career development and I love the activity for many reasons.

To hear the music visit www.jamespetersonmusic.com and click on the Demo Page.

I would love to hear what the drum corps audience thinks of my work. Enjoy and please post your comments.

Yours sincerely,

James Peterson

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ironic that one of your scores was to a film called "The Last Cavalier"... :P

Good stuff....thanks for sharing!

that's funny. That didn't even cross my mind when I was working on it.

Sounds good, man. :D

thanks to everyone. I really appreciate the positive response. Keep the comments coming. :)

Good stuff, man! Be sure to let us know if any of your stuff is being screened in Rochester, NY. I'd love to see it!

will do.

Very nice! Not only did you march in 2 of my favorite Freelancer and SCV shows, but you've composed some very nice work as well. Keep it up!

Very nice! Not only did you march in 2 of my favorite Freelancer and SCV shows, but you've composed some very nice work as well. Keep it up!

thanks so much for your kind words. I feel lucky to have been a part of both organizations. I would have aged out of SCV in 1987 but chose not to march that year. Whoops! :doh: Believe me I felt major regret seeing SCV at the SoCAL shows from the stands.