tedrick

Members
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

tedrick's Achievements

DCP Fanatic

DCP Fanatic (3/3)

1. .... aadsdsddd...... mmmmbbblllll ..... HHOOOSsoooaaasssyfrassss...... watergate
  2. This is at a recent. choral convention -
  3. It would be fun to see a Logic session on this --
  4. This is a great overview of the brass band movement - they make a reference to drum and bugle corps near the end of the video. Brass bands are down in numbers as well, but it's still a really neat tradition and genre. A different horse for a different course, but I think a lot of drum corps fans can relate to the brass band movement -- this is a great intro if you are not familiar with brass bands - followed up by the youtube video: Extreme Make-over - Krohnengen Brass Band - NM 2018 Check it out!
  5. As drum corps has swirled the drain I have taken much comfort in choral and organ music -- drum corps is dying but hopefully we will continue to have choral and organ music, which is really the original impetus of drum corps --
  6. catch the final climax of this arrangement! hornline arrangers have so much to learn, borrow and steal from choral arrangements -
  7. Excited for Vanguard with this hire - Russ Gavin was very instrumental in helping bring the La Crosse Blue Stars back to the top twelve with Brad Furlano and the Blue Stars board. While this is not the same type of come back situation, it's a come back nevertheless.
  8. downloading my tour schedules and show scores justincase....
  9. What is the fastest rise to the top 6? Probably Star of Indiana, right? Could the Rennicks do this with the Troopers if they went full time on their staff?
  10. I used to disdain BOA - but I have come to realize that the talent that fills DCI is made up of students who come from excellent BOA programs - I'm thankful for the amazing HS music programs that make up BOA. Without the success of BOA where would DCI be?
  11. I had this show going down as another Jagged Line back in July - wow was I wrong - Very impressive how the corps continued to build the show this year -- I can't take the whiplash changes/innovations in the activity I say this every year but I think I need to take a few years off... (then I get sucked back in every year...)
  12. Are the Troopers show designers trying to say something about the energy industry? Voracious -- we are voracious because we need petroleum and coal for transportation and to generate electricity? Really ironic considering how the drum corps activity couldn't exist if it were not for huge amounts of diesel and electricity -- What is this show a statement about?
  13. What the HAiL! that's an overlong intro mood setting -- penalty? We can't hear anything on the flo except the canned mood music - hornline is getting covered up
  14. quote from Propaganda says it all -- "I'm sorry I don't want to be an emperor that's not my business I don't want to rule or conquer anyone I should like to help everyone if possible We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other's happiness - not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful but we have lost the way." Maybe the Cavaliers need to do what Cadets have done and go back and look at the kind of shows that made them who they are -- Cavies fans don't need a WGI show on a football field - we need greatness and grandeur - soaring sounds and dazzling drill - machine-like precision and the cool and aloof manner the Cavaliers used to do it with.