Gold - San Diego, CA

Legends - Kalamazoo, MI

Music City - Nashville, TN

Raiders - Burlington, NJ

Les Stentors - Sherbrooke, QU

Blue Saints - Sudbury, ON

Taipei Yuehfu - Taipei City, Taiwan

Current conditions at:

Cleveland-Hopkins International Airport (KCLE)

Lat: 41.42 Lon: -81.85 Elev: 814ft.

A Few Clouds

77°F (25°C)

Humidity 45%

Wind Speed N 8 mph

Barometer 30.02 in (1016.2 mb)

Dewpoint 54°F (12°C)

Visibility 10.00 mi

Heat Index78°F (26°C)

Last Update on 3 Aug 2:51 pm EDT

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 61. North wind 6 to 8 mph.

Thanks! You saved me the trouble of coming up with a thread title; I just couldn't make "averuncation" and "lachrymatory" work.

I'll be in Avon Lake this evening with two friends who have never been to a drum corps show before (though one remembers hosting some kind of marching show when he was in his Connecticut college's band). Will I see anyone from DCP there? Look for me in Row K, seats 16-18. I'll be wearing a white "Green & Growing: Mythcon 44" tee shirt. I won't be able to report from the show, but I'll post a full review afterwards.

(There ought to be Drum Corps Planet tee shirts. If there were, I'd certainly buy one and wear it to shows. I prefer to wear the specific corps shirts I've bought to non-corps events, so as to promote the activity outside of its pre-existing audience.)

(There ought to be Drum Corps Planet tee shirts. If there were, I'd certainly buy one and wear it to shows. I prefer to wear the specific corps shirts I've bought to non-corps events, so as to promote the activity outside of its pre-existing audience.)

I saw a DCP t-shirt at the 2005 Minnesota Brass contest.

Just got back. Excellent show! I had a great time and my friends enjoyed themselves, too. (Though new to drum corps, on the strength of my recommendation, they'd already committed to joining me both at this show and at Massillon on Tuesday, so it's good to know they won't find the next competition something to be endured rather than enjoyed.) SCVC absolutely can catch BDB, if they can clean up enough. But BDB has room for growth, as well. And wow Music City! Full report soon.

May as well at least note the scores:

1. 92.900 -- Blue Devils B (+0.550 in one day)

2. 92.400 -- Vanguard Cadets (+0.450 in one day)

3. 89.200 -- Genesis (+0.600 in one day)

4. 88.250 -- Spartans (+2.000 in two days)

5. 88.050 -- Music City (-0.200 in one day)

6. 85.050 -- Gold (+8.800 in twenty days)

7. 84.950 -- 7th Regiment (-0.900 in one day)

8. 83.500 -- Legends (+3.300 in two days)

9. 82.450 -- Raiders (+2.200 in two days)

1. 75.400 -- Taipei Yuehfu ("International Class"; +0.450 in one day)

10. 74.150 -- Les Stentors (+3.000 in two days)

11. 65.800 -- Blue Saints (+0.450 in one day)

Recaps

Spartans took best guard. SCVC took brass and GE visual. BDB took the rest.

Just got back. I actually was very involved in running the show. Thank you to everyone who made it a huge success! I actually huge success too, including financially. This show is a pioneer in how drum corps can be a financially rewarding endeavor to all involved.

This is becoming a corps favorite show and I love being a part of it. Thank you all again.

Great work! And the weather cooperated--though out of nowhere (which in this case means Lake Erie) a heavy rain is falling now. Since you worked the show, do you know what caused the long delay with the scores? (And not specific to your show: I can't understand why scores always take as long as they do. Since they're submitted after each performance, they ought to be all done within five minutes of the last corps finishing.)

Just got back. I actually was very involved in running the show. Thank you to everyone who made it a huge success! I actually huge success too, including financially. This show is a pioneer in how drum corps can be a financially rewarding endeavor to all involved.

This is becoming a corps favorite show and I love being a part of it. Thank you all again.

I saw a picture of the crowd. Wow, impressive!!! Good job to you and your team!! There is nothing more fun then perform in front of a large crowd!

NE Brigand... when you have a minute give us a short review of your night! Are you going to Michigan City?

Unfortunately I have to run out now for some hours, but late this evening I hope to finish my review.

I will quickly note that my two friends who were seeing their first drum corps show both thought liked 7th Regiment the most (one of them liked 7th Regiment and Blue Devils B equally) because that corps seemed the most precise to them.

Great work! And the weather cooperated--though out of nowhere (which in this case means Lake Erie) a heavy rain is falling now. Since you worked the show, do you know what caused the long delay with the scores? (And not specific to your show: I can't understand why scores always take as long as they do. Since they're submitted after each performance, they ought to be all done within five minutes of the last corps finishing.)

One of the corps captions score was input incorrectly. It caused them to make a pretty significant jump too. I don't know why they usually take so long, I wasn't close enough to see the end process. But I was on the track and one of the tabulators came over to tell me about the delay.