Seattle Cascades 2015 "Intergalactic"

That's a strong battery. Ballad is a really nice mash. LOVE IT. Show is fun. Kind of wish there were white gauntlets involved if they're gonna break it down cavies style to intergalactic. Don't feel the transition out of dance break fully works, and would expect that to change. A ton of improvement all the way around with this. Denver is the first chance to see this on a stream. Wish I could see it grow show to show, but this preview offering is a nicely done benchmark going forward. Can't wait to see it live in San Antonio.

One problem I have with the show ...

"Intergalactic" means "between galaxies", but since the Earth looms huge throughout the show, they clearly never leave our own solar system, let alone the galaxy.

;)

I agree. Love the show. Love the new look. But it should be called "interplanetary" - in any case, that big earth is very dominating.

I agree that the globe is a bit dominating but I like that it serves as more of a backdrop and isn't what the drill is focused on. Some corps over-concentrate on the props sometimes I feel. In this case, the show is about the drill and guard work and the prop merely serves as a back drop to help communicate the theme.

Thanks for sharing the member numbers for last year and this year - great to see such a huge jump!

First show tonight for the Cascades - Good Luck!!

• Like 1

I love seeing so many corps from one state, but wonder if they would be better off to just have one. It seems some of the smaller Open Class corps struggle each year.

I agree with you, but according to everything I have read and seen all the corps that could grow are up in membership in the NW this year. Which is a great thing for drum corps here in the NW!

I heard current admin. did a scouring of U. Washington music programs and ensembles and discovered a number of students and grad students with previous DCI connections and experience from notable corps. Seems to have successfully induced some of them as volunteers to augment Cascades faculty for pre-season and others to volunteer in various capacities for tours and camps. Seems like a positive move toward growth of Cascades.

• Like 3

One problem I have with the show ...

"Intergalactic" means "between galaxies", but since the Earth looms huge throughout the show, they clearly never leave our own solar system, let alone the galaxy.

;)

This obviously calls for a radical change in show design.

Uniforms and costumage: black

Flags: black

Drum heads and slips: black

Field: covered entirely with a black canvas

Music: An arrangement of the Background Hum of the Universe (original composer: unknown) :-P

This obviously calls for a radical change in show design.

Uniforms and costumage: black

Flags: black

Drum heads and slips: black

Field: covered entirely with a black canvas

Music: An arrangement of the Background Hum of the Universe (original composer: unknown) :-P

With that design, why even turn on the stadium lights?

All one would need would be synchronized fire flies.

With that design, why even turn on the stadium lights?

All one would need would be synchronized fire flies.

Dang it -- why didn't I think of the stadium lights? That would have cost some GE points for sure. Good thinking. :-)