No Detailed Recaps

The big news out of the DCI Winter Meetings was the proposal that passed eliminating detailed recaps for DCI tour events until after the season has ended.

This going to be a game changer for many fans. You will no longer be able to see in which areas a particular corps is strong or weak in. For those that spend hours every day going over recaps DCI has given you a life which you may not enjoy. You will no longer be able to see what corps is improving or who has peaked early.

Logic behind the change? I don't know. maybe the corps directors want to hide everything. except from their staffs and members. More suspense when scores are announced? Doubt it.

Interesting Change.

Sounds like this (from a dci.org article) was the logic behind the change. If this is the case, I am I favor of the change. There must be something to it, it passed overwhelmingly 21 to 1:

"Although corps will be given the opportunity to view detailed scoring results of their performances during critiques following events, judges will not have access to recaps during the competitive season".

"Although corps will be given the opportunity to view detailed scoring results of their performances during critiques following events, judges will not have access to recaps during the competitive season".

Do they really believe judges will not get the recaps from someone involved with a corps? Maybe not right away, but eventually they will. Be real people. This is just a smoke screen.

Edited by Ghost

Any measures that keeps fans in the dark ( both offseason and inseason ) is one that can only grow the activity and its fan base in the future, imo. Its a great model for the future, and I'm rather surprised that other sports activities, and musical youth organizations, generally do not pass similar measures whose effects are destined to keep its fans in the dark.

Edited by BRASSO

", judges will not have access to recaps during the competitive season".

and no doubt some people will actually believe this.( lol!)

Any measures that keeps fans in the dark ( both offseason and inseason ) is one that can only grow the activity and its fan base in the future, imo. Its a great model for the future, and I'm rather surprised that other sports activities, and musical youth organizations, generally do not pass similar measures whose effects are destined to keep its fans in the dark.

It might be a good thing to try for a year or two and see what comes out of it. IMO it should be interesting. They can always change it after.