What show designs should be out there?

I think a "Salute to Vegetables" is perfect. Think about it...guard can wield giant shis-ka-bobs and skewer different large vegetables and beef-chunks until they create the ultimate creation. Plus....it would feed the corps after the show!

b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs

You know...there's a really tasteless joke in this one; but I'll keep it to myself.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing tasteless about vegetables, if prepared well.

:blink: True that.

No way. You're nuts.

Anyway, King Crimson would fit the field well, if they used some of the gamelan-influenced songs from Absent Lovers and the Bartok-influenced songs from Larks' Tongues in Aspic.

A show entitled "DCP -- A Day In The Life":

Two narrators argue back and forth, listening to each other only long enough to pull quotes from the other out of context. Occasionally, a third narrator joins in to "keep the show on track," and a 4th supplies incomprehensible non-sequitors. Meanwhile, the corps plays Maleguena for 11 minutes straight while forming various emoticons on the field. After 11 minutes, the Drum Major "closes" the show and moves it to another forum.

I've said this like 10 times but here it goes again...

best.post.ever.

I've seen on here in threads similar to this one, but I feel the need to say it again. As far as rock/pop stuff goes, someone needs to do Sufjan Stevens. There's plenty of material to make a fantastic corps show. His arrangements are fairly dense, he studied music in college. I'm working on a little mock show based on material from his Michigan album right now. I did Illinois last summer, but my computer crashed and I lost it. Boo.

Sufjan would be great....lots of odd meters and textures to play with..

I would say the next step is for the Cadets to tackle something like Glass "Einstein on the Beach"

OR

the music of Sigur Ros

I think some of the Mars Volta's work could have potential... potentially.

A show that I'd absolutely love to see though is this:

Regiment (I'm a fanboy, deal with it) performing a show based on the Finnish epic Kalevala.

I think it would be best sort of like Faust where the story is Kalevala, but the music isn't necessarily music composed about it. It would be good, however, to throw the Swan of Tuonela in there. I love that piece. Perhaps a show based around the slaying of said Swan? I think it'd be neat... and just to make sure I fit in on the forum, I'll go ahead and say it... no narration. All concepts would be conveyed through music and guard. No giant swan costumes either.

"Night Visions"

Unconscious Descent--Selections from The Black Maskers by Roger Sessions

The Chase--End Credits from Little Children by Thomas Newman

Towards Sunrise--Selections from Searching for Bobby Fischer and Field of Dreams soundtracks.

I would like to see blue devils/phantom take a classic tune and put a really really huge spin on it. Im talking all the best in one show with one huge spin. Kinda like how they took Rhapsody in 05 and made it into a whole show....except a lot more complicated

It would rock...and add a buch of power chrods and some amazing gaurd work.....