Crowd Pleasing shows and music this year

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote goes to Crown. They have melodies and not just phrases of chord progressions with drumming in between. Their show is completely entertaining to the most hard core fans and the new drum corp crowds. Maybe I'm partial, but they have won 4 Hot Chops which is fan based. If only the fans could have a portion of the vote in finals :P

From what I have seen this year (which hasn't been too much, just the WebCasts), I really love The Cavaliers and Carolina Crown. Spirit's show is really growing on me too.

From the only show I've been to this year at Russellville, I'd be willing to say the Cadets. I cheered most loudly for them and it was a Spirit home show.

Behind all of that yapping is one hell of a drum corps show. Those are The Cadets that I loved from when I first got into DCI and those are The Cadets that I wish I could have seen from before my time.

My vote goes to Crown. They have melodies and not just phrases of chord progressions with drumming in between. Their show is completely entertaining to the most hard core fans and the new drum corp crowds. Maybe I'm partial, but they have won 4 Hot Chops which is fan based. If only the fans could have a portion of the vote in finals :P

This. Perfect book from beginning to end.

I haven't had an opportunity to see or listen to a lot of the other corps either, but the Carolina Crown simply knocked my socks off. Guard is good, perc is good, and a hornline that most brass instructors would kill to have. I think they'll do well this year.

I haven't seen or heard most of the shows but from what I have heard and seen...

Music:

BD (Opening only)

SCV

Bluecoats

Crowd-Pleasing:

SCV

i agree with your choices...and same as you i haven't heard/seen all the shows either.

but i think i'd have to add Academys show in there. I listened to the APD and liked what i heard...

Putting aside the critical eye for a moment, in your opinion, which are the 3 best shows this year for

1.) Music (shows you could listen to over and over again)

2.) Crowd Pleasing (wow moments, cheering, etc)

I still haven't seen many of the corps, so here are mine from among the corps I have seen

For Music

1) Phantom Regiment

2) Santa Clara Vanguard

3) Colts

For Crowd Pleasing (wow moments, cheering, etc)

1. Santa Clara Vanguard

2. Spirit of JSU

3. Madison Scouts

This is just your opinion, so not really debatable. This string is for fun.

For Music

1) Regiment

2) Crown

3) Cadets

For Crowd Pleasing (wow moments, cheering, etc)

1. Crown

2. Cadets

3. Regiment

Yes they have. I think this year is a notch or two above the last couple years. It good to see some excitement from Gtown!!

I agree! The energy and musical offering makes them seem very different from years past. Hopefully they keep going this direction.

Seems the ex-Scouts brass staff has made a positive difference in a short time from a quality and energy standpoint. Glad their horn book is different than years past.

More legit stuff with melody, demand, exposure, variety. Says a lot considering Gmen have been last in horns on finals night at least the past four years.

Also enjoy the entertainment value of Bluecoats.

Eager to see Regiment, Devils, and Cadets.