Will Magic be back in 2008

Magic Coming back?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Will Magic be back in 2008?

• Yes
    • No

I think at one point, they were affiliated with Disney, but no longer were from 2002 to 2006. I might be wrong.

Also, the Kiwanis Kavaliers klaim to be from Miami now, but I don't think they're ever coming back, either. Are they officially dead?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think at one point, they were affiliated with Disney, but no longer were from 2002 to 2006. I might be wrong.

Also, the Kiwanis Kavaliers klaim to be from Miami now, but I don't think they're ever coming back, either. Are they officially dead?

Im pretty sure they are serious about coming back. I could be wrong. :P

Or if they wouldn't want to be potentially handicapped by a partnership with Disney, what about the owner of the Orlando Magic? I mean, they essentially have the same name. I don't recall the owner's name, but he was/is involved in Amway. At least the gyms would always have toilet paper! :) They could probably draw a lot of students from UCF who'd be around in the offseason anyway. Speaking of UCF, they've got at least three corps staff alums on the faculty - Ron Ellis, Jeff Moore, and Kirk Gay. I'm sure these guys would get involved if there was enough compensation.

Or what about a move to Miami? The Miami Heat owner is involved in the cruise business. What about The Magic as a touring drum corps during the summer and a mini-corps that plays at cruise dockings and NBA games in the DCI offseason? Instead of renting themselves out for corporate events (e.g., Blue Devils), they can rent themselves out to the parent company.

Edited by kdaddy

And didn't Disney have something to do with DCI when the finals were held there, like a sponsorship or something?

Now on the field, from Orlando Florida, the Disney Magic.....actually could have a nice ring to it

Keep in mind that Disney has practically killed all of the live music in their parks, including their own mini-corps, FutureCorps.

I am quite confident in saying that based on the information I've heard that my corps is dead.

At the Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl on Decemeber 30, 2006. I saw a high school band trailor that had The Magic on the side of it that was in the middle of being painted over.