How to know when you're a drum corps fanatic

You rate states by stupid things like its grass, showers, or water.

I hate Oklahoma because the grass was so dry there and there were HUGE hornets everywhere. Texas had some box 5 showers so that place is cool.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You rate states by stupid things like its grass, showers, or water.

Or the bugs... I remember a housing site in Mississippi that the entire BK hornline ended up circling around a preying mantis that was HUGE... and then the mosquitos in the same night that turned my practice gloves from white to white with red polka dots...

Back to topic - If you're the only one in your family who can sleep sitting upright on a bus

and you actually find the rumbling of the engine soothing, as well as the feel of the cool glass window on your cheek! :blink:

And you wake up when the bus stops! :sumo:

You know more about small towns and their small schools than you do about the huge city they are near.

And related to above, you only know where to find the airport and stadium in many large cities.

You get excited anytime you see a bus and a semi driving together.

You feel nostalgic when you hear a bus idling and smell the fumes.

When you can drive into a town, roll down the window and find a corps by sound.

You've got your wife hooked to corps and the people in them.

My wife called me the other today to tell me that she bought tickets to the show in Enid, OK because she found out that Phantom Regiment was playing Encore that night. It is a 2 hour drive for us, so it is going to be a long night for the 2 of us. I love the fact that she gets so excited about drum corps, she has been walking around the house telling me how pumped she is and how many days away it is until she gets to see "Her Phantom Regiment". She even has a homemade shirt that she wears to all of the shows.

You go to a N.O. Saints football game and wonder why there are so many Madison Scout fans in the stands.

I've written cymbal parts to shows that don't have cymbal lines i.e Phantom '89.......is that a clue?

I've written cymbal parts to shows that don't have cymbal lines i.e Phantom '89.......is that a clue?

DING, DING, DING! Close the polls, we've got a winner.

When listening to random mp3's, you know the show before the first note because of the crowd noise.

GUILTY. :)