How to know when you're a drum corps fanatic

When your sound system in your car is known to "accent" the Bass Drum parts in Cavies' 007 show.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you just can't get enough drum corps, so you get internet added to your phone so while you're on tour you can keep checking DCP.

B)

oops! I just found another thread VERY similiar to this one. excuse this one if you want too..... :doh:

you just can't get enough drum corps, so you get internet added to your phone so while you're on tour you can keep checking DCP.

B)

marimbaman69, GUILTY!

-Your corps song was played at your wedding.

-You roll step to the beat of a drum cadence only you can hear when walking down the street.

-You yell "Beef!" at the end of Copeland's Howdown.

-You hit people who talk during "You'll Never Walk Alone" or "Send in the Clowns", even though it's being performed on American Idol.

-You only know the first 8 bars of "O, Canada."

-Sometimes you "Z-pull" your shoe laces.

-When moving furniture, you take the front part because you know you can back up better than the other guy.

-You make a fist as you pass over a road hazard.

Edited by PCSoprano9702

My wife called me the other today to tell me that she bought tickets to the show in Enid, OK because she found out that Phantom Regiment was playing Encore that night. It is a 2 hour drive for us, so it is going to be a long night for the 2 of us. I love the fact that she gets so excited about drum corps, she has been walking around the house telling me how pumped she is and how many days away it is until she gets to see "Her Phantom Regiment". She even has a homemade shirt that she wears to all of the shows.

I remember when Tulsa had a show

Union was host to many a corps over time, so I'm told

Edited by JMS0527

When you sing the drum parts to a show...and you're a horn player!

Quick, what's this one?

Gaht! googoogoogoogoosh

I remember when Tulsa had a show

Union was host to many a corps over time, so I'm told

Broken Arrow is now the host for the Tulsa area, it is on the 30th. We are going to that show too, but Boston is doing the encore and she really wants to see Phantom's encore.

Edited by wickerbill

IM guilty of that as well.. and when listening to music. I will hear something and say.. wow that would be perfect for a riffle toss.

Oh man. Must be a guard thing.

I actually find myself listening to shows and writing my own rifle/flag/sabre work.

Also, I watch some shows (for example, SCV 04...Cadets(any year)) solely to learn what the guards did/I'm addicted to drum corps.

You rate states by stupid things like its grass, showers, or water.

I hate Oklahoma because the grass was so dry there and there were HUGE hornets everywhere. Texas had some box 5 showers so that place is cool.

Winner!

Everytime I get into convos about other states, I find myseld telling an anecdote about how miserable rehearsing there was...especially, Oklahoma, Mississippi, and Alabama.

Edited by ScoutSpinner03