Well, when the Brigs do a show about their past, they're doing stuff that under the right circumstances scores a 98.5. They deserve credit, this version of the Brigs is a local core group that has been through some tough times.

Maybe someday they'll get he ring chasers back, but for now they should be proud.

Oh, and the hornline has to play much, much louder.

Zackly - Oddly enuff, I've become of fan of Brigs this year, having seen them in Wildwood and B-port. I'm actually rooting for 'em. And, oh yeah - I've met a few, and they're super folks! (Shout out to the bass line, I think - I'm one of the two Cabs alums you guys were sitting next to to watch Bucs and Cabs at Barnum).

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAA get it Trish!!!!!!! Too Funny!!! Yeah we can dress Matt and Danielle up as Mr. and Mrs. CLAUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok sarcasm way off

Brigs' show is a tribute to years past...have you never seen the corps before???

There's a lot of this review I disagree with and I wasn't even at the show (however I have seen Brigs, Empire and Cabs this year). Why do Cabs need to have someone out there running around dressed as "Carmen" for you to get it? I'll make sure this Fall with my band's "Winter" show that I have someone out there dressed as a snowman so there won't be any confusion (sarcasm off!),

5th White Sabres. Good looking blue/black uni's. About 20 brass. Musical charts are a little thin (esp low brass) and perhaps written over the head of this ensemble. The corps is still learning the visual program.

Biggest plus: DM Mike Porter exudes confidence and poise.

Biggest question: could the corps better utilize the percussion battery members? They fielded 1 snare and 4 basses with no toms. Could those 5 contribute more to the musical package as part of a "pit only" percussion ensemble a la Ventures or Academie Musicale?

Overall: It looks like a tough year for this group. The book is awfully ambitious and there just aren't enough bodies.

Saw the show last night, heard the score and guess what??

It's gonna get better.

58.1 is only 0.5 off of what we started with last year and look where we ended up at finals.

Remember the mantra of the greatest section in the corps (that would be the boys with the biggest mouthpieces, your contra section)

" WE HAVE TILL LABOR DAY TO GET IT RIGHT".

Keep your chins up and believe in not only yourself but also your staff.

I wish I was out there but unfortunately I cannot. I'll catch up with you in Syracuse.

P.S. Ryan.............get a haircut. Danny............either drink beer or start taking HGH.

Great review.

But never ever have anything negative to say about Syracuse or you will hear about it from somebody. To be honest, Syracuse doing a show about their past is like A-Ha doing a greatest hits album. I mean....2002 was what.....a whole 5 years ago.

I could be wrong but, doesn't past mean, something that already happened? So. Wouldn't 2002 and 2003 be considered the past? Guess I should go check on that one... :sshh:

On another note. Congrats to the Cabs, saw the show in Connecticut, and I was very impressed. Haven't seen the Statesmen really, so I can't give a full opinion on them. Saw the Crusaders from backfield for a bit last night too and was fairly impressed by them also, great battery in my opinion. Congrats to everyone from the show last night!

I am having way too much fun reading replies and responses. Post a compliment and get accused of bias. Post a criticism and get accused of incompetence (or worse).

The product on the field is the product on the field. The audience response is earned, not given. Critique is just that...a critical analysis of design, technique, emotion, effort and enthusiasm.

I gave you mine. Bring a comparative opinion and we can have a nice "drum corps discussion." Shooting the messenger won't win DCA for the Brigs or the Cabs nor make the design, performance or emotional impact any better.

Make sure you read the whole critique before ya' pop!

I am having way too much fun reading replies and responses. Post a compliment and get accused of bias. Post a criticism and get accused of incompetence (or worse).

The product on the field is the product on the field. The audience response is earned, not given. Critique is just that...a critical analysis of design, technique, emotion, effort and enthusiasm.

I gave you mine. Bring a comparative opinion and we can have a nice "drum corps discussion." Shooting the messenger won't win DCA for the Brigs or the Cabs nor make the design, performance or emotional impact any better.

Make sure you read the whole critique before ya' pop!

Thanks for the review. Takes a lot of ***** these days, to do one.

Many of us who can't be at these shows are anxious to hear what fans in the stands saw and heard. Those who saw the show can disagree and post their own reviews. I'll read those too!!

Wishbonecav -

Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts about all of the corps last night. I'm sure all of the performers appreciate feedback from the fans and it's good to hear all perspectives.

As for the Brigs, we're continuing to improve our program and look forward to presenting an enjoyable performance each week as the season progresses. If you're local to the Rochester area, maybe you can catch the show this coming weekend in Central Square, or August 18 at Alliance Bank Stadium in Syracuse, where the Crusaders, Empire and the Brigs will all be competing, as well as a number of other fine corps. We'd look forward to the opportunity to win you over!

Thanks again.

You were all great!! And there was no RAIN in Rochester!! On behalf of the entire Empire Statesmen Drum Corps I would like to say "THANK YOU" for a great night of Drum Corps! Best of luck to all the Corps during the rest of the season!

So Allen Buell gets to be Paula, Tom D' Bomb gets to be Randy.....and I get to be Simon Cowell????

Awesome!!!!!

I am going to change my screen name...unless it's already taken!

Moderators...can you help with that one?

So Allen Buell gets to be Paula, Tom D' Bomb gets to be Randy.....and I get to be Simon Cowell????

Awesome!!!!!

I am going to change my screen name...unless it's already taken!

Moderators...can you help with that one?

You're Goin' to PAETEC Dawg!!!