You're Goin' to PAETEC Dawg!!!

Whoops! I have given myself away! :music:

Tommy...er...Randy!...I will see you there. I will be the one in the fake nose and sunglasses. :music:

You will be in charge of the DAWG-POUND!!! Woof-woof-woof.

(I'll let someone else write the review from DCA.) :sshh:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Allen Buell gets to be Paula, Tom D' Bomb gets to be Randy.....and I get to be Simon Cowell????

Paula looks pretty good for an old hag.... I'm cool with that!!

Great show last night top to bottom. I am not writing a review, but I will share a few observations as a fan.

Cru could surprise a lot of people. Great guard about 36 in numbers, the start of a fine percussion section, still quite dirty, but they are young and they will work hard to improve. Nice new uniforms.

Genevieve (sp) was simply amazing with her bari solo/duet in Brig's balad (First Time Ever I Saw Your Face). It brought tears to my eyes. What volume, control, range, finese, feeling and whatever else. She has it all. Sorry to hear she went down with heat stroke after the show. I hope she is OK.

Cabs snares are all over the field and man can they play well while moving at such a big step. Guard is fantastic. Brass was not clean in the opener. Sops are draging while attempting to articulate some very tough licks. Needs a lot of work. I really miss the fantastic screamers that Cabs were always famous for. Where's Frank or Curt when you really need them. I also miss Jimmy out front.

Empire was best of show in my oppinion. Joey, Jeff & Ritchie do Maynard justice. Just a great show.

One sugestion. Next year, get St. Joe's to play while the scores are being tabulated. There was at least 25 minutes of nothing while the corps were assembling for retreat. MSJ Alumni are from the area and I don't see why they shouldn't fill the dead time. They were at the DCI show in Buffalo on Friday night and they brought the house down.

Great show and the weather was FANtastic. Thanks Allen and Empire Statesmen for a wonderful evening of entertainment. Bucky, you are still the best anouncer in Rochester.

DCA Championships is going to be a barn burner, don't miss it.

Benny

Allen

Great show as always thank you for all of your hospitality, the Cabs always enjoy the up state fans and playing to pack stands is the icing on the cake.

Now for the trip back to Jersey I hope I make it back in time for the

43rd Annual Drum Corps Grand Prix Being held at

The Clifton School Stadium starting at 6:30

Tickets are still available go to www.cabs.org for info

Shameless Plug

Allen

Great show as always thank you for all of your hospitality, the Cabs always enjoy the up state fans and playing to pack stands is the icing on the cake.

Now for the trip back to Jersey I hope I make it back in time for the

Hey Buddy!

Great having you here! I hope you all make it back home by Wednesday! Good luck with your show... I'll see you in a few weeks.

Edited to tone down the rhetoric...IT WAS JUST A REVIEW!!!!! They do those, ya know!!!

Edited by wishbonecav

Thank you very much for your review of the Crusaders. We are working very had to ensure that this year's program is one of the best that this organization has presented in many many years. We appreciate it when fans put up their opinions of how they liked and perceived our show. After all, that's why we do this activity. The crowd reactions during and at the end of the show is what the perfomers remember in the long run and what brings smiles and proud moments to the enitre organization.

<**> Not cool. Since I see nowhere on this thread where anyone from The Brigs addressed you publicly I don't understand why I am reading someone's private comments to you.

Personally I appreciate your criticism of us, it only motivates me more towards my ultimate goal.

And by the way while I was in the parking lot still in uniform I had at least 20 people that told us we had a great show and that they really enjoyed it.

I have been told by a member of the Brigadiers that I am a person of low character and cowardice who wrote a review of the Brigadiers that is just plain wrong. So, I take it back...

POINT BY POINT, since I am just plain wrong, it appears:

they are NOT playing My Spanish Heart.

the show apparently is NOT ambitious.

the show offers little challenge to the individual brass members let alone the ensemble.

it was played to NEAR PERFECTION with no breakdowns in attack/release, clarity or ensemble.

there is no need to address or clean any portion of the show.

the Drum line is deserving of a perfect 20 across all captions for their musicality and dynamics as well as support of the brass.

the ballad was terrible.

I loved it!!!

Thanks for correcting my mistake!!!!

I just wonder when an opinion in this activity can be allowed to be just that. Sigh.

BTW: "working hard" on your show doesn't make it a good show. Or maybe it does....