Quick Allentown Saturday Review

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as Ed's review saying that his heart goes out to the poor kids marching Cadets- I want to laugh out loud. That remark just shows how little some people understand of what it means to march Cadets. Perhaps Mr Ed should buy himself a clue.

Thanks to both for the reviews, they are always appreciated. :)

I know what it means to any corps member to be a member of their respective corps. My comment is simply that its not fun performing when you know people don't like the end product. Especially when people get up and leave in the middle of your performance. That no matter how much you try to do your best, the end result will never be appreciated.

I arrived at intermission. Sorry to the corps who perfomed before, I missed you. And, message to DCI: $25.00 to sit on the GOAL LINE is a rip off, thanks.

The only thing more absurd than DCI's overly-flated ticket prices (and "service charge" on each ticket) is that there are people like us that willingly pay those prices.

*removed attack TS

DCI made the Buccaneers go on FIRST?!

Come on, DCI. Get your act together.

Dan

Correct, DCI is evil.

~>conner

But you don't think that DCI plays games with DCA corps?

Dan

of course not .... DCI has to put the DCA corps on first so hardly anyone sees them so then people dont know that DCI is REALLY lying when they say that it all ends at 21

Thanks for the Review Mike! :)

of course not .... DCI has to put the DCA corps on first so hardly anyone sees them so then people dont know that DCI is REALLY lying when they say that it all ends at 21

or - maybe - they put them on first so they wouldn't have to perform directly after the last four - Regiment, SCV, Crown & Cadets? :music:

I know what it means to any corps member to be a member of their respective corps. My comment is simply that its not fun performing when you know people don't like the end product. Especially when people get up and leave in the middle of your performance. That no matter how much you try to do your best, the end result will never be appreciated.
The end result wont be appreciated? Says who, the few that would rather eat a hot dog than to watch one of the best corps perform? By and large the kids concern themselves with things they can control and the rest is background noise.

Besides, I've been hearing this for years that people walk out when they perform yet I've never witnessed it myself. I suppose we could say the same thing about any corps where someone gets up to use the bathroom before they take the field. People go in and out all of the time. I wouldn't read too much into it unless you're just trying to stir the pot.

If you look at the talent level the Cadets attract year after year you'd realize those kids could march anywhere but they choose the Cadets for reasons that go beyond the show.

Sheesh, based on your initial comments one would think that after last year's show (and the negative comments) they would have to pay kids to march. Not hardly, go figure.

:music: oh brother!

When are you guys going to get the idea that DCI does what they do to SLIGHT NO ONE. Really the conspiracy theorists are growing tiresome.

Exhibitions go on whenever there is reasonable time to have them. That is USUALLY at the beginning of the show.

I saw NO ONE complaining that DCI is trying to destroy new corps and keep them from getting better by putting Legends (a new DII/III corps in the midwest) on before the competition began this season.. I don't see how putting any OTHER exhibition corps on first "means" anything other than that's where they put exhibition groups.

Maybe DCI thought the members of the exhibition corps might also like to get out of uniform and enjoy the show (a competition in which they do not contend..) since they might just be *gasp* drum corps fans as well as senior corps members?

Comments like yours do more damage to your fan base than good. It wasn't too long ago that I was becoming quite a DCA enthusiast but in all honesty, it's comments like these that I read here and heard at DCA finals (at random.. not just once or twice.. but REGULARLY) when I made the trip out to attend that REALLY turned me off. DCA may not miss it but they won't be seeing ANY of my money until attitudes like yours are the exception, not the rule.

Stef

Disappointed EX-DCA fan <**>