lolcorps

Oh look....someone dredged up Star 87! (A show I like, btw)

Which was just a rehash of Bayonne 1980 to begin with ...

Which was just a rehash of Bayonne 1980 to begin with ...

*waggles hand* Not entirely sure I agree there...the only tune in common was "Thuunder and Blazes"...and Bridgemen didn't do it as a ballad. I don't remember the circus theme carrying all the way through the Bridgemen show (although it could be argued that entire CORPS carried that theme from 1976 on!).

87 Star was no more a rehash of 80 Bridgemen then 03 Cadets was a rehash of 88 Madison, nor 2001 SCV/Cadets....one tune in common does not a rehash make.

02 Cascades more fits that bill, since ALL of their tunes had previously been done by Cadets in various years. You COULD argue 89 Star, but that one's always kinda been considered a tribute to 27th.

The definition of a rehash show, however, is 83 BD...3 of the 5 charts repeat from 82 (T.O., Paradox, One More Time Chuck Corea). Everyone repeated tunes back then, but 3/5 of a winning show...and the 3rd in a row for One More Time? Sorry...that just seems lazy (and probably one factor in Garfield winning in 83...only repeating one chart)