Brief Allentown Review - Sunday

plus I believe the fans deserve it for their price of admission.

I wouldn't risk an ending that hasn't been viewed by the judges all season long to be put in late in the season... what if it doesn't work? what if gets the fans in the stands in a frenzy, but the judges don't like it? what do you do then?... too late.. season's over. good luck next year.

I don't like that idea.

Well, although i agree with much of what you say (mainly regarding the fans), but i dont think they have to worry competetively. Theyve done it enough, and they work hard enough to know what will work as an ending, and to be ready for it. So....im against the way they do things, but not for competetive reasons.

Oh...and someone else mentioned this, but when did the colts get so #### good. Consider me on the bandwagon after my first viewing. I may be buying my first non cadets souvies the next time i see them :)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Colts show from up in the second tier thanks to the Alumni on Tour program they have going.

WOW

Best show from them since the the 95-97 era. Best drill I've seen from the corps since 2002 when Pete Weber wrote it. All the praise they have been getting this seaosn is warranted. I could not be any more proud of this group of individuals who have churned out a magnificent product...one which will almost certainly put them back in Finals.

And it's about time :)

I though Blue Stars used thier uniformes wonderfully, Granted, not to the ultimate. However, they were the first band of the night to really excite me. They had the energy the others didn't.

Here's the definition of a band:

Main Entry: marching band

Part of Speech: n

Definition: an ensemble of musicians that march in time to the music for entertainment at events and in parades, often with brass, woodwind , and percussion instruments, drum majors and/or majorettes, and color guard.

Here's Drum & Bugle Corps:

drum and bugle corps

–noun

a marching band of drum players and buglers.

Wow, even the dictionary calls drum corps a band. Maybe we're all wrong? :laugh:

I was trying to be a smart###, but the dictionary wouldn't let me. Point to Blueemrld8.

Its using Band to denote a group........."Band of Brothers".

Band

–noun 1. a company of persons or, sometimes, animals or things, joined, acting, or functioning together; aggregation; party; troop: a band of protesters.

Still says Drummers and Buglers and last time I checked a Saxophonist isn't a bugler.