Brief Allentown Review - Sunday

This teddy bear's not very cuddly. :(

LOL!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I call "not fielding your entire show until late July"... a DUMB move. I don't care that they've somehow managed to win championships using that formula. I am telling you that I WOULD NEVER DO THAT if I ran a drum corps. Would you?

Maybe next time, you might want to elaborate on how you know that this ending wasn't the 'real ending,' instead of just saying it wasn't. IT STIRS THE BLOOD!! lol

You're misinformed regarding the time of the current version of the show. It's over ten minutes (there's another whole segment that wasn't in the show in Annapolis).

Would I add on to a show in July? Sure, if it helps move the GE scores up, which is what will happen, as it has every other year for the past howevermany. In case you haven't noticed, GE is the caption that wins championships. Changing or adding on to the show to boost those numbers late in the game isn't dumb at all; it's one of the ways a professional drum corps staff can approach the question of upping the score. I think you're under the misapprehension that they throw the new material at the guys the day before it's used the first time, which is not the case. It's taught well ahead of time,and released to the public at a competitively strategic moment.

Again, an example of working smarter.

Edited by mobrien

I call it a DUMB MOVE because they are being conditioned to perform a 9 and a half minute show, but they are waiting, for WHO KNOWS what reason to add the "real ending" that will add, im guessing, a minute or so...

Why have they not had SOMETHING in place of that extra time just so the corps can feel what it's like to perform an 11 minute show.

I know the above isn't the reality based on other posts...but...

The corps rehearses all day long just about every day. Just because the last X seconds are not there yet doesn't mean they rehearse less...hence their conditioning is just fine.

Sure...i get it, they'll put their ending on later, and it'll be great for GE, and its not hurting them endurance-wise because they still rehearse all day, but... I still expect to see a decent show at a regional. Pretty much every corps there sunday had a more impressive ending then cavies...I just expected better from them, thats all.

Edited by euponitone

I just expected better from them, thats all.

and to that, you're entitled. :)

IMO you can't very well train for a marathon by sprinting all the time or by distance running all the time so each runner does it differently.

Each corps does it differently, too.

You prefer one way. I prefer another. My mom likes lemonade.

Tomater. Tomahter.

:beer:

Stef

There was a pause from the end of the Cavies show and then applause. Whereas when the other corps were finished people basically jumped out of their seats. Best shows of the night for me were the Blue Devils/Coats

Blue Stars - 73.8 - The white/blue contrast uniforms don't seem to be utilized very much. IMHO, poor arrangement of Firebird.

I though Blue Stars used thier uniformes wonderfully, Granted, not to the ultimate. However, they were the first band of the night to really excite me. They had the energy the others didn't.

There was a pause from the end of the Cavies show and then applause. Whereas when the other corps were finished people basically jumped out of their seats. Best shows of the night for me were the Blue Devils/Coats

Exactly how I saw it.

I caught everyone on Sunday from the Colts on...

How 'bout those Colts?!?!?! :beer:

Actually, IMHO, all of the corps were phenomenal!

I totally enjoyed each and every performance!!!

Thanks to all corps for a GREAT night of entertainment!!!!!! :beer:

then i stand corrected about the total time of their show now

BUT,

I STILL stand by my argument that I wouldn't wait to put in the best ending until the end. I would want it in as soon as the writers got it laid out on music and drill charts so that the marchers can condition themselves for that all season and be able to max it out on finals night.

plus I believe the fans deserve it for their price of admission.

I wouldn't risk an ending that hasn't been viewed by the judges all season long to be put in late in the season... what if it doesn't work? what if gets the fans in the stands in a frenzy, but the judges don't like it? what do you do then?... too late.. season's over. good luck next year.

I don't like that idea.