Could the cadets be heading for the most unpopular dci victory ever?

most unpopular dci victory?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. are cadets maybe heading for the most un popular dci win of all time

• yes
    • no

Well, according to you, Cadets can do no better than 5th this summer anyway. Secondly, they were not beaten this weekend. I know how giddy you probably were last night with this faulty logic once the scores were announced, but only if BD beats them head to head tonight will they have been "bested". Last night's scores only showed how much better BD was than Cavies, on that night.

Well they certainly were bested tonight. Not by much but they were indeed beaten. Good Night - Now I'm Giddy!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to who? A few people here on DCP?

And there it is.....the - DCP posters are not a reflection of drum corps fans - retort.

Oh, I disagree. DCP is not even close to a cross-section of the average show audience.

Do you have any information to support this statement, or is it just a feeling? Is there a difference between the average show audience, and the dci fan base? Bear with me - is a parent, who goes to a show because his/her kid is in a performing corps that year, but stops going as soon as the kid isn't in the corps anymore, part of the dci fan base? I would respectfully say, no. So, is DCP representative of the dci fan base? What's to say it isn't? Is DCP representative of the average show audience? Probably not, because the average show probably is half full of parents, who won't be going to shows once their kid is done with the corps. What say you, sir?

One word BESTED! Tonight proves my point. Good night!

It proves that tonight BD was .6 better than them. That is all. It does not prove your silly notion that they will be 5th or lower come Finals.

Oh, I disagree. DCP is not even close to a cross-section of the average show audience.

How does one know if DCP is or isn't a" cross section (representation) of the " average show audience " ?

I've sat next to several folks at a few shows this year who stood up and gave the Cadets a standing ovation, and one of them while he's clapping is telling me how much he disliked the narration( but liked the show in spite of this distraction ).I don't know whether DCP is representative or not to the " average show audience " but it could be. But how someone can say with such certainty that the views expressed on DCP are " not even close to the cross section of the average audience " seems a little too dubious a claim to my way of thinking.

Edited by X DM

man.. if cadets did a non-narration show.. with some awesome music.. id be all over it.. but this.. yuck. cut the narration.. give us drum corps

The Cadets are giving us drum corps...at the highest of levels...drum corps has included voice for decades...and now it can be micced...what is so difficult to understand about that?

All I was saying is that if a brass or perc player wants to spend all that money, blood, sweat and tears to have a narrator talk over their hard earned efforts, then good for them. But I wouldn't do it. I would go to a corps like the Troopers or Scouts. Not top tier this year, but as long as a narrator wasn't talking while I'm out there then I'm getting what I paid and worked for. So what if the director's name isn't Hoppy.

The narrator isn't talking over their hard work...he or she is part of that work. Don't like it? Fine. But at least be honest about what it is...as integral to their show as any other part.

We all know the kids at the Cadets work hard. All kids in drum corps work hard. What's your point?

His "point" is that all corps...inc the Cadets...put in the hard work...did you read the post he replied to?

I doubt that there are many of us here that dislike the Cadets simply because they are the cadets. It's because of the direction they are trying to take our beloved activity. Get a clue already!

You want HIM to get a clue...you have got to be kidding.

I won't argue with that at all. But the Troopers and Scouts are on average much younger corps, and their future may bode well for them.

The Troopers are an average 1.5 years younger than the Cadets, but the Scouts difference is only .05 years younger...insignificant.