Anyone else going to the Houston show?

No...in particular you said in another thread you were glad you were out of the country so you wouldn't have to ever see Star. I don't care if you like my corps but your tact (or lack thereof) sucks and I would rather not have to bite my lip around you all night.

So if we don't meet up show day, we could grab a steak or something sometime. I live on the west side of Houston.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Medea, make sure to come out to our get-together at San Antonio. I want to get a couple of Shiners in you and REALLY hear what you have to say!

Ya'll have fun in humid-ville! In Brenhem this weekend for family reunion. Also the 100th year of Blue Bell Ice Cream. For those of you who don't know about Blue Bell, stay away--we'll take care of it all--no help required!

Boy, I'd love to link up with some fellow drum corps nuts. Unfortunately, I'm kind of in a situation where I have to choose between attending Houston or San Antonio. I'll see what I can do, though (read: gotta beg ask the wife). :rolleyes:

... Also the 100th year of Blue Bell Ice Cream. For those of you who don't know about Blue Bell, stay away--we'll take care of it all--no help required!

"We eat all we can, and we sell the rest!"

Medea, make sure to come out to our get-together at San Antonio. I want to get a couple of Shiners in you and REALLY hear what you have to say!

Ya'll have fun in humid-ville! In Brenhem this weekend for family reunion. Also the 100th year of Blue Bell Ice Cream. For those of you who don't know about Blue Bell, stay away--we'll take care of it all--no help required!

Will do Dave...check your PM box.

Does anybody know housing sites for the corps in Houston.

edit: Fick, check your PM too.

Edited by Medeabrass

For those of you that are looking forward to the Houston DCI show for your drum corps fix...don't forget that a bit more than a week later (July 28) will be Brass on the Bayou - featuring Houston's own DCA corps, Gulf Coast Sound, as well as 6 other corps from the area.

This will feature 2 DCI corps in competition, as well as 2 competing DCA corps and 3 other drum corps in exhibition. Tickets are very reasonable at $5.00 ahead of time.

Gulf Coast Sound and Revolution will be performing at The ExSightment of Sound as well - if you like what you see on the 19th, come check us out again on the 28th.

http://www.gulfcoastsound.org/brassonthebayou04.html

Will do Dave...check your PM box.

Does anybody know housing sites for the corps in Houston.

edit: Fick, check your PM too.

The ExSightment of Sound website:

http://www.drumcorpstexas.com/

Housing:

Boston Crusaders

Tomball ISD

Tomball High School

Jeff Downey, Band Director

Chris King, Andrew Easton, Heather Brown, Asst. Directors

Arr. 4 AM/19th; Dep. 3 PM/20th

The Cavaliers

Waller ISD

Waller High School

Cory Meals, Band Director

Mike Cheripka, Asst. Director

Arr. 4 AM/18th; Dep. 11 PM/20th

Troopers*

Pasadena ISD

Pasadena High School

Charlie Herrera, Band Director

Brian Drake, Asst. Director

Arr. 4 AM/19th; Dep. 4 PM/20th

Blue Stars

Pasadena ISD

Jackson Intermediate School

David Ngo, Band Director

Anthony Cesario, Asst. Director

Arr. 4 AM/19th; Dep. 11 PM/19th

Revolution

Spring ISD

Claughton Middle School

Joe Clark, Band Director

Barbara Ilgenfritz, Asst. Director

Santa Clara Vanguard

Brazosport ISD

Brazoswood High School

Jim Koch, Band Director

Eric Harper, Brian Casey, Sam Woodfield, Jason Myers, Asst. Directors

Arr. 4 AM/19th; Dep. 3 PM/20th

Cascades

Brenham ISD

Brenham High School

Eric Rettig, Band Director

Mike Hanson, Richard Lewis, Travis Elrod, Bryn Speer, Asst. Directors

Glassmen

Conroe ISD

The Woodlands at College Park High School

Charlotte Royall, Band Director

Wes Robertson, Asst. Director

No...in particular you said in another thread you were glad you were out of the country so you wouldn't have to ever see Star. I don't care if you like my corps but your tact (or lack thereof) sucks and I would rather not have to bite my lip around you all night.

Whatever. Don't actually remember posting that but i'm sure you could dig it up. Have a good time at the show.

Edited by Jazzycat1

Well, in an effort to keep this OT and from being locked...

Glassmen will be rehearsing roughly 7 minutes from where I live, that's awesome.

My wife and I and a friend of mine who marched SCV and her husband will all be there.. should be fun! Then we've got SA two days later! WOOT!

Well, in an effort to keep this OT and from being locked...

Glassmen will be rehearsing roughly 7 minutes from where I live, that's awesome.

My wife and I and a friend of mine who marched SCV and her husband will all be there.. should be fun! Then we've got SA two days later! WOOT!

Yeah! I'm going to both shows as well. In 2005 I went to the Houston show - 1st DCI show I'd been to in years. I seriously considered driving to SA for the show the next day. Last year I went to SA and had a great time. This year I'm going to both... Can't wait!