DCI is in love with the blue devils like espn is in love with the yan

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I get so sick of the band wagon and want to be drum corps people who never marched who think the blue devils are the standard of drum corps knowmatter how many times the cavies or cadets beat them. I attribute that to dci because they market them more than any other corps and anyone who knows anything or marched along side them knows the bluedevils have easy drill and easy music. The show is the same every year mf for most of the show a couple of loud hits and a trumpet feature and they hardly take a step size over 8 to 5 and make 6 to 5 look like jazz running. The Cavies and Cadets are inovative and march the hell out the shows they do and play way tougher music spread all over the field with tempo changes and very tough timing elements. The Blue devils usually when playing something hard stay right between the 30's. boooring. The last great blue devil show that I have seen was 1996 and even then they did much of the same but at least they played their ##### off. The reason for me saying so much is I am convinced that Steve Calhoun judge for brass in DCI is completely in love with BD especially when they go against Cadets. Every time that guy judges Cadets and BD he always puts BD's hornline on top and lets not forget what happened in 2001 when he decided to roast cadets finals night in brass just to make sure BD would win the average of the three nights. That guy is deff getting music writing gigs or marching band jobs in the fall from some BD alum or staff cause its like clockwork every year.

Sigh....troll what? MHO, bd deserved to win last night...no biggie :)

ITs funny how all you huge BD fans with your big Blue Devil Crap all over your posts are missing where you marched on your profiles. maybe cause waite you did'nt ever so you don't know what it is like to be part of a real drum corps that works hard everyday and does not look like they just got back from a hippie/ skateboard convention and smokes in the uniform and drags it around like it is a rugby shirt and does not learn any values. Oh hold on I forgot you never marched anywhere so you don't know about all the stuff you learn when you march a corps like The Cadets, Cavaliers, Santa Clara Vangaurd and most other corps that compete with BD every year. Your probably some marching band guy that wishes he could have marched but could'nt cause you were not good enough or to scared to get cut.

Let us use our words to heal and not to hurt. Let us be positive beacons of joy and light. Let us not feed the trolls and let us ask that ignorance and stupidty be eradicated by using education and enlightenment. Let us also ask those who moderate these, our words, to closeth thy thread.

ITs funny how all you huge BD fans with your big Blue Devil Crap all over your posts are missing where you marched on your profiles. maybe cause waite you did'nt ever so you don't know what it is like to be part of a real drum corps that works hard everyday and does not look like they just got back from a hippie/ skateboard convention and smokes in the uniform and drags it around like it is a rugby shirt and does not learn any values. Oh hold on I forgot you never marched anywhere so you don't know about all the stuff you learn when you march a corps like The Cadets, Cavaliers, Santa Clara Vangaurd and most other corps that compete with BD every year. Your probably some marching band guy that wishes he could have marched but could'nt cause you were not good enough or to scared to get cut.

And a big old cup of STFU for this whiner! - Can't believe this thread is still open!

Edited by Jazzycat1

successoryinternet400.jpg

Your probably some marching band guy that wishes he could have marched but could'nt cause you were not good enough or to scared to get cut.

Sort of like you and Grade 9 English class?

thread is closed.