Your Prayers Are Needed.....Please

That's great Fran.

Thanks for taking the time to give us all an update, we've been praying hard and will continue to do so.

I hope you are well.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

feisty is a good quality in a woman. ^0^

and the praying for both of you will continue. :)

Wow great news! The prayers will continue to go out to the One.

Just because it deserves to be seen...Bump... Hope progress continues..

Fran;

I jest saw what you post about Barbara. Wow! I am heartfelt glad she is showing some progress. What a blow to you both. Our prayers are with both of you. Please let me know if you need anything! And I mean anything, if I have it it can be yours.

Please give Barb our best when she is receptive.

With my love and sincerity

William Aldrich-Thorpe

The latest, briefly (I'm getting set to head back to the hospital):

Barbara's been transferred to Good Samaritan Hospital in Baltimore...... they have a stroke-rehab unit that is a Johns Hopkins-affiliated program. So she's in good hands.

She started therapy today.... speech therapy was the first session, early this morning. I hope to find out more about how she did when I get there in a bit. Her voice is starting to come back, slowly. She was easier to understand yesterday, but sometimes is still hard to hear.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The past couple of days I've alternated between being very hopeful, and being scared to death. I have to keep reminding myself that this process will be a step at a time.

Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers!

Fran

One of the greatest stories I heard had to do with Danny Thomas. I guess life wasn't doing to well for him in his early days as an entertainer and he prayed to St. Jude. Well, after his career took off he never forgot that prayer and he committed money and helped build St. Jude's Hospital...remember ther Danny Thomas Invitational back in the day?

Prayer does work and as we continue to pray you will see the Lord's good works. My brother was allowed 26 years when he was only given 3 years. How's that for faith in prayer. Nowadays we all want it now and to many people give up to quickly. Having faith is the way to survive. Be patient and good things will happen.

God Bless you both!!!

Well said. I will continue to send my good thoughts and prayers your way in hopes of a full recovery for Barb.

Reading two bits of good news in Frans last post:

1) Barbara being able to start therapy already

2) Seeing it is Johns Hopkins Medical involved in her care. OK, I'll admit I'm biased. My wife has a seizure disorder and was going thru a real rough stretch about ten years ago. Out of desperation we tried a neurologist at JHU and never regretted it. Baltimore is 80 miles from our house and we're still seeing the same neurologist.

Reading two bits of good news in Frans last post:

1) Barbara being able to start therapy already

2) Seeing it is Johns Hopkins Medical involved in her care. OK, I'll admit I'm biased. My wife has a seizure disorder and was going thru a real rough stretch about ten years ago. Out of desperation we tried a neurologist at JHU and never regretted it. Baltimore is 80 miles from our house and we're still seeing the same neurologist.

I just got back from the hospital..... Barbara was really tired after her first day of therapy. I got to sit in on part of the therapy session earlier today, and the physical therapist was a real pro... nice to see that. Jim, I too am VERY happy that Johns Hopkins is involved in this process. Barbara works for Hopkins in the computer field, so she is very comfortable being in their care.

Before I left to come home, Barbara told me she wanted me to bring her some items from home tomorrow.... so I take that as a good sign that she is getting back to ordering me around. :)

She wanted me to bring her the fifth book in the Harry Potter series, which she has been re-reading as a prep for reading the final book in the series. (She's read the first six books each at least a couple of times.) The nurses seemed very pleased with the fact that she wants to start reading again.

Her speech is still a bit halting... but considering that until three days ago she wasn't speaking at all, I'll take it.

A long way to go... and like I've said, there are times when I'm scared to death... fear of the unknown, I suppose.

But today was a good day.

Fran (waiting on the scores from Virginia and Lewisburg)

Edited by Fran Haring