Long Beach, CA (7/14)

It's official. We're starting the Kingsmen rifle line Groupies. We're even going to have shirts made. I was trying to explain to my corps members what that's like,

"Imagine your mom being bad ### on rifle".

I really miss that.

Thanks Joe - I predict our rifle line will shortly have some new shirts, too :)

Saturday nite / Sunday morning the Kingsmen Alumni Corps members were watching a couple of (currently) internal, eyes-only videos of the show, one from a high vantage point, the other at field level....our first show in our authentic new blue cadet uniforms.

Even tho I've been in KAC for the entire ride, and now know most of the members - seeing the same people marching in the full cadets radically transformed my perceptions...now instead of just seeing Sally or Jim doing their thing (well), I was now seeing the REAL Kingsmen Drum and Bugle Corps and Color Guard of my memory...

I kept SEEING and saying - "THAT'S the Kingsmen rifle line"...."THAT'S the Kingsmen flag line"..."THAT'S the Kingsmen snare line'... THAT'S the Kingsmen tympani line"...."

I'll tell ya' - it was tough attempting to maintain my (scant) dignity during those vids....

Edited by GuyW

Thanks Joe - I predict our rifle line will shortly have some new shirts, too :)

Saturday nite / Sunday morning the Kingsmen Alumni Corps members were watching a couple of (currently) internal, eyes-only videos of the show, one from a high vantage point, the other at field level....our first show in our authentic new blue cadet uniforms.

Even tho I've been in KAC for the entire ride, and now know most of the members - seeing the same people marching in the full cadets radically transformed my perceptions...now instead of just seeing Sally or Jim doing their thing (well), I was now seeing the REAL Kingsmen Drum and Bugle Corps and Color Guard of my memory...

I kept SEEING and saying - "THAT'S the Kingsmen rifle line"...."THAT'S the Kingsmen flag line"..."THAT'S the Kingsmen snare line'... THAT'S the Kingsmen tympani line"...."

I'll tell ya' - it was tough attempting to maintain my (scant) dignity during those vids....

Man Guy, marching that show on Sat. night was one of the most exciting experiences of my adult life (my first show in 27 years). And I'm a KAC guest. I can't imagine how thrilling this must be for you. Awesome to be in the bari line with all these Kingsmen Legends.

:rolleyes::beer::beer:

Drum Corps is BACK in a big way with the Kingsmen Alumni Corps.

It's official. We're starting the Kingsmen rifle line Groupies. We're even going to have shirts made. I was trying to explain to my corps members what that's like,

"Imagine you mom being bad ### on rifle".

I really miss that.

How's "Blue Steel Fan Club" for a name?

KAC Rifles

:beer::beer::beer:

...I kept SEEING and saying - "THAT'S the Kingsmen rifle line"...."THAT'S the Kingsmen flag line"..."THAT'S the Kingsmen snare line'... THAT'S the Kingsmen tympani line"...."

I'm totally remiss for not noting the Drum Majors - they were an amazing display of old school cool...

A certain younger member of the family made the comment that colorguard members are lazy.

My husband, a Blue Devil Vet looked around frantically and advised afore mentioned relative to start running.

We are seasoned, strong and feminine.

Intimidating? You bet!

We will work very hard between now and pre lims to deliver a performance worthy of our legacy.

Thanks for cheering us on and giving us the spark that will light this thing on fire August 10!

Go Debra, I am glad to hear that you are marching in Kingsmen girly. I really do miss you alot. Kick butt :rolleyes:

Oh to comment on the static at the beginning of Pacific Crest's show, they are actually cards being shuffled in the pit.

To kind of tie up that sounds, their opening drill move is the deck actually being shuffled! I saw that for the first time at this show! There was a little light that went off in my head!

True the drill is still a bit dirty, but they have come a long way!

GO PC!!! ^OO^

Go Debra, I am glad to hear that you are marching in Kingsmen girly. I really do miss you alot. Kick butt :rolleyes:

And I have missed you T1! If you are coming to Pasadena, please stop by for a kiss and hug. Remember that day we talked about Magnolia? Well, I may have spent three years with the Blue Devils but my heart has always been Kingsmen Blue. I have been blessed with the opportunity to return and can't wait to stand under the lights one last time.

A certain younger member of the family made the comment that colorguard members are lazy.

My husband, a Blue Devil Vet looked around frantically and advised afore mentioned relative to start running.

We are seasoned, strong and feminine.

Intimidating? You bet!

We will work very hard between now and pre lims to deliver a performance worthy of our legacy.

Thanks for cheering us on and giving us the spark that will light this thing on fire August 10!

Here, here for the the colorguard. I have only seen parts of the show thru youtube. My parents are both marching with the Kingsmen alum, this year. My mother is in the honorguard and my father is in the soprano line. They come all the way from PA, to practice and march. I wish I could be there to see them, but I will just have to support them in spirit.

Jessica :)

I had many of the same feelings, Guy. Watching those videos was like watching a dream. The part that really hit me was the snare "turnarounds" during the quiet part of the color pre. Very dignified and classy. I started to tear up at that point.

Bob Powers, ladies and gentlemen.....

In case I never said it to you personally, Bob, you are a true gentleman and your contribution to the whole KAC effort is overwhelmingly priceless.

The CBU rehearsal facilities for both weekends and Kamps were the best that I have ever encountered and I know we all have you to thank for that.

Bob, thank you from the bottom of my hear for, well, just "everything".

Sincerely,

RON HOUSLEY

Edited by ffernbus3