The Academy: Will they make finals?

The Academy: Hype for Legit?  

320 members have voted

1. 1. Will The Academy make finals?

• Yes
    • No

so their staff has never had any experience on the road? and so their staff doesn't know anything about touring and the Drum Corps Experience?

Yeah...I guess people like Director Mark Richardson (96 BD), Perc cap head Glen Crosby (81-84 BD), perc staffer Murray Gusseck (SCV), Vizh staffer Preston Howard (83-86 BD) and the rest of the staff have NO idea what happens on tour...they MUST be winging it and hoping for the best...

They ARE for real people...get over it,.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without a doubt they will make the top "12"!!!!!

DCI needs some new blood, and not the same old gang that hangs around every year.

Plus this is "Virgin" Terr. they are after, since the Troopers have not been able to hold there own.

It is too bad that Madison is down. They were the foundation of DCI, and sometimes you wonder. I guess it is like life,

they use you and abuse you, and when they are through with you they just spit you out, and look for new blood.

Isn't that like the work force of today.

"Just thinking of the good old days!"

CODI

Academy 2007 = Cascades 2002

it's a one year finalist

Remember when Cascades started the year by beating Madison in 2002... well, that is'nt the best exemple since Madison sucked big time that year... Anyway If they acheive the finalist status, which i'm sure they will, i'm sure they will drop-off in 17th or 18th place next year. Colt and Blue Star are more likely to stay in the top 12 later on, because their experience on the road.

You're sure? Really?? I'm curious, were the same things being said about Crown, Bluecoats and Boston when they crashed the party?

Also, can you place my lottery picks for me?

Academy 2007 = Cascades 2002

it's a one year finalist

Remember when Cascades started the year by beating Madison in 2002... well, that is'nt the best exemple since Madison sucked big time that year... Anyway If they acheive the finalist status, which i'm sure they will, i'm sure they will drop-off in 17th or 18th place next year. Colt and Blue Star are more likely to stay in the top 12 later on, because their experience on the road.

rofl.gif

Whaa Whaa I can't spend the $ on travel, give me a break, let me go home for weeks and practice. No injuries, no burnout etc. BUT then let me in for the finish.

News Flash, can't do a DIv I tour, stay in Div 2 until you can do the deal. It's that simple.

Well, how is Academy not playing fairly. They happened to be good. Would you perfer they continue to spank division 2 and 3 and more then half of division 1. How about we make another corps fold because they aren't ready for division 1 full tour finacially. Futher more, how can you hammer academy when manderins, esperanza, pacific crest, and capitol regiment did the same thing. DCI allows this to allow corps who are competitively ready for division 1 the chance to compete on the proper level. Now before you continue to dazzel us with clever repiortee, please check your facts and let this corps achieve all that is in their reach. Go Academey!!!!!!!!!

Will they make finals? Too hard to say until the 21st. However, if they are good enough to make finals, they SHOULD make finals, PERIOD. Anyone who has a beef with that should take it up with DCI BOD and stop harping on Academy. Will I be disapointed if they keep Blue Stars from making finals, um.....YEAH!! But that's life in drum corps now isn't it!

Some spreads from the season I find interesting in trying to guess if they'll make it in.

6/24 Pacific Crest 63.85

Mandarins 64.95

Academy 69.55

6-28 Pacific Crest 66.65

Madison 66.55

6/30 Pacific Crest 67.9

Spirit 71.2

7/1 Pacific Crest 68.8

Spirit 73.45

7/15 Pacific Crest 75.65

Mandarins 75.15

Academy 79.2

Personally I think there's a good shot at them being in very close compettition with Spirit and Blue Stars. Who knows, like I said, it's just a guessing game until the 21st.

Loved Academy's show last year

Won't get to see it this year = bummed.

Will they make finals? Too hard to say until the 21st. However, if they are good enough to make finals, they SHOULD make finals, PERIOD. Anyone who has a beef with that should take it up with DCI BOD and stop harping on Academy. Will I be disapointed if they keep Blue Stars from making finals, um.....YEAH!! But that's life in drum corps now isn't it!

Some spreads from the season I find interesting in trying to guess if they'll make it in.

6/24 Pacific Crest 63.85

Mandarins 64.95

Academy 69.55

6-28 Pacific Crest 66.65

Madison 66.55

6/30 Pacific Crest 67.9

Spirit 71.2

7/1 Pacific Crest 68.8

Spirit 73.45

7/15 Pacific Crest 75.65

Mandarins 75.15

Academy 79.2

Personally I think there's a good shot at them being in very close compettition with Spirit and Blue Stars. Who knows, like I said, it's just a guessing game until the 21st.

Loved Academy's show last year

Won't get to see it this year = bummed.

This is esentially what I was thinking - they will be in the mix with Blue Stars and Spirit (and possibly Crossmen and Madison) for the last spot in Finals. This weekend is gonna be some good drum corps. May the best corps win!

correct me if I am wrong but haven't the past few Div II/III corps that go Div I make finals that year? Seattle in '02 Magic '03 ( I know they made finals in 02 but they were still considered DIV II at the time). What's to say Academy won't? Though...if Academy does make finals it probably will be in the 12th spot and very close.

Edited by skd7781

correct me if I am wrong but haven't the past few Div II/III corps that go Div I make finals that year? Seattle in '02 Magic '03 ( I know they made finals in 02 but they were still considered DIV II at the time). What's to say Academy won't? Though...if Academy does make finals it probably will be in the 12th spot and very close.

I would venture to guess that the battle for 12th was not quite as intense in 02,03 as it is this year.

So there's like 160 people who voted "yes" on this thing so far. Should they all be considered "Academy Honks"?