Final Analysis 1986

I know this is a shot in the dark but does anyone have Final Analysis' 1986 Show on tape? I marched in that guard and it was a very special time for me. I was doing a stroll down memory lane and wanted to watch that show and realized that I don't have that tape anymore. It must have been lost in one of the many moves I have made in the last 21 years. I am willing to pay someone for a copy.

Was that the year you won A class...The America show? If it was WHAT A GREAT SHOW... I had a medalist this year and still think that show could stand the test of time now...I think I may have a copy but have to go through years of tapes to find it..I will let you know

Was that the year you won A class...The America show? If it was WHAT A GREAT SHOW... I had a medalist this year and still think that show could stand the test of time now...I think I may have a copy but have to go through years of tapes to find it..I will let you know

YES! It was the year we won A Class. Tommy Keenum designed that show and it was amazing. I don't think most of us knew at the time how ahead of his time Tommy was.

I don't know what has happened but lately guard is all I can think about. I miss it so much. I really regret never marching in an World Class (Open Class, at the time) guard. Tommy had designed a show for 1987. We even had one or two camps before he decided to not put a guard on the floor.

YES! It was the year we won A Class. Tommy Keenum designed that show and it was amazing. I don't think most of us knew at the time how ahead of his time Tommy was.

I don't know what has happened but lately guard is all I can think about. I miss it so much. I really regret never marching in an World Class (Open Class, at the time) guard. Tommy had designed a show for 1987. We even had one or two camps before he decided to not put a guard on the floor.

It's not too late! There is no longer an age restriction in World Class! Get the equipment out, sharpen up those skills and get back in the game.

Within the next few weeks I am sure wgi.org will have a list of all 2008 audition dates/locations!

It's not too late! There is no longer an age restriction in World Class! Get the equipment out, sharpen up those skills and get back in the game.

Within the next few weeks I am sure wgi.org will have a list of all 2008 audition dates/locations!

I am 40! Those kids would think I am some guard members dad observing, not trying out. Sure I can still spin and toss a 7 with the best of them, but after looking at some of the stuff Fantasia did, I just don't know. The rifle work is so different now than it was then. Also, there is a LOT more dance now than it was then. I remember back then thinking Tommy Keenum was a little out there with all that dance stuff. WHO KNEW he was such a visionary.

But I did think; I could go try out for Pride of Cincinnati, which I think is the closest guard to Washington DC. I am in healthcare I could do agency work...... BUT I AM 40!. I wonder what the oldest world class member was last year.

There have been members as old as 40 but the guard you audition for would have to be willing to take someone that age. :P

There have been members as old as 40 but the guard you audition for would have to be willing to take someone that age. :P

HEY HEY. 40 is the new 30...... :P

As much as I would LOVE to go march again in a world class guard, I realize that, that time has passed. I have a great career that I don't want to give up even temporarily. Not to mention a lifestyle that I have grown a custom to. I remember being really really broke in my guard days. Also my Weimaraner wouldn't go for me being away that much.

HOWEVER, I think I will get to a few shows this year and maybe even fly to Championships. Maybe I could even find a guard or guard member to sponsor.

Listen - even going to an audition for a weekend would be an incredible experience. Pretty much anyone will take your 50 bucks to let you learn some cool stuff and who knows what would come of it??? :)

I am going to be 43 and every year I toy with the idea. I wouldn't even want to make it as I am very involved with teaching anyway!

However - there's always the world of DCA all-age drum corps!

HEY HEY. 40 is the new 30...... :P

As much as I would LOVE to go march again in a world class guard, I realize that, that time has passed. I have a great career that I don't want to give up even temporarily. Not to mention a lifestyle that I have grown a custom to. I remember being really really broke in my guard days. Also my Weimaraner wouldn't go for me being away that much.

HOWEVER, I think I will get to a few shows this year and maybe even fly to Championships. Maybe I could even find a guard or guard member to sponsor.