History being made.

I want to post most of this thread in teh Div I section just to show that us old folks can STILL kick their bu### when it comes to how it's done.

But I'd probably get banned.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are things you don't see on the field anymore...

"Jimmy, can you name thse things?"

Huh.jpg

I WANT ONE OF THOSE!

:worthy::lol::lol:

Kingsmen!

Edited by dccorpsfan

Well, we know I am famous AND infamous......... so what are you Mikeeeeeey?

No! I'm the infamous one!!!! :worthy:

I want to post most of this thread in teh Div I section just to show that us old folks can STILL kick their bu### when it comes to how it's done.

But I'd probably get banned.

That's why I am posting them here...summer of love baby!!!! :worthy:

HE'S MY UNCLE!! no really he is.. ask him... go ahead.. :-p

Yes, yes I am....

I WANT ONE OF THOSE!

:worthy::lol::lol:

Kingsmen!

hehe... it's been a blast marching that thing around hehe... no heavier than a set of tenors...

Yes, yes I am....

and he admits it! tee hee...

Man, that is just AWESOME! Thanks for posting these! Anyone a snare drummer would know in the snareline? I know there are some pretty famous Kingsmen snares...

And those rifles, YEAH!

Unfortunately "some" of the big name snares from the early 70's couldn't find it in their schedules to be part of this. Float is unable to participate due to his Disney commitment, and Al Murray the same with Dynasty. Ralphie lives in Colorado and is physically unable to carry a drum anymore, or he most certainly would have joined us. That said, we still have almost half of the guys who ever marched in the Kingsmen snareline participating. 27th and Madison probably had hundreds of alumni to choose from, whereas there were 36 snares in the corps from 1970-1978 with 1 (Terry Walker) now deceased. That's how important being in this drumline has been to many of us even 30 years later. Dale Lofgren, Kingsmen 73-74 and SCV 75-76 is both my friend and mentor and is right next to me, with 3 members of the 72 snareline are right next to one another, as they were in 72 when they won DCI, and the same goes for the 77 line.

In an effort to uphold the standard of what it meant to play snare in the Kingsmen, we were originally going to go with a competition-level line of 12. We all voted to make it 16 so long as the we didn't reduce the expectations as far as the level of playing required, and many of us have gotten together at least 3-4 times a month for the past year and a half. We had 16 members up until about a month ago when one dropped out due to work issues. For the Long Beach show three others missed the show due to medical and personal reasons but we should have 15 for the Pasadena show, and we will have at least one member for every year from 1970-1978.

KAC-7-14-07-53.jpg

Now I'm pi$$ed! Thanks for coming to see me soos!

:worthy:

Oh com'ere, I'll give you a hug... b**bs