History being made.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm pi$$ed! Thanks for coming to see me soos!

:worthy:

Oh com'ere, I'll give you a hug... b**bs

Oh you two...

GROUP HUG!

That's why I am posting them here...summer of love baby!!!! :worthy:

Great stuff !!......good luck to you guys and gals in Pasadena. ' Hope they'll be a video of your performance made available to the public.

I 'll be on my list of future" must have " purchases, if so.

Unfortunately "some" of the big name snares from the early 70's couldn't find it in their schedules to be part of this. Float is unable to participate due to his Disney commitment, and Al Murray the same with Dynasty. Ralphie lives in Colorado and is physically unable to carry a drum anymore, or he most certainly would have joined us. That said, we still have almost half of the guys who ever marched in the Kingsmen snareline participating. 27th and Madison probably had hundreds of alumni to choose from, whereas there were 36 snares in the corps from 1970-1978 with 1 (Terry Walker) now deceased. That's how important being in this drumline has been to many of us even 30 years later. Dale Lofgren, Kingsmen 73-74 and SCV 75-76 is both my friend and mentor and is right next to me, with 3 members of the 72 snareline are right next to one another, as they were in 72 when they won DCI, and the same goes for the 77 line.

In an effort to uphold the standard of what it meant to play snare in the Kingsmen, we were originally going to go with a competition-level line of 12. We all voted to make it 16 so long as the we didn't reduce the expectations as far as the level of playing required, and many of us have gotten together at least 3-4 times a month for the past year and a half. We had 16 members up until about a month ago when one dropped out due to work issues. For the Long Beach show three others missed the show due to medical and personal reasons but we should have 15 for the Pasadena show, and we will have at least one member for every year from 1970-1978.

KAC-7-14-07-53.jpg

A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Greg. Thanks for the response, and while it's a shame some of the former snares could not participate, I bet you guys were a pleasure to listen to. Do you know if a recording will be available?

That is a great picture. By the way, where are you in the line?

Cheers,

Rick

Questions:

1.) Are the Kingsmen Alumni Corps going to keep going after this year?

2.) Can non-Kingsmen alumni try out?

Questions:

1.) Are the Kingsmen Alumni Corps going to keep going after this year?

2.) Can non-Kingsmen alumni try out?

It has not been determined whether the Kingsmen Alumni Corps will go on after August 10. The primary focus going into 2008 will be the Junior Corps effort.

I do not know the exact number of Kingsmen Alumni versus alumni guests. It used to be 75/25 but now the alumni guests make up possibly as much as 35%. You can try out for the few spots that are still open but time is getting really short especially considering we are doing a full drill. I know we need two contras (we are fielding 24) and a few baritones. The hornline breakout is 44 sopranos, 16 Mellophones, 18 french horns, 50 baritones, and 24 contras. The guard is full, and I cannot speak for the drum line but I am pretty sure it is full also.

It has not been determined whether the Kingsmen Alumni Corps will go on after August 10. The primary focus going into 2008 will be the Junior Corps effort.

I do not know the exact number of Kingsmen Alumni versus alumni guests. It used to be 75/25 but now the alumni guests make up possibly as much as 35%. You can try out for the few spots that are still open but time is getting really short especially considering we are doing a full drill. I know we need two contras (we are fielding 24) and a few baritones. The hornline breakout is 44 sopranos, 16 Mellophones, 18 french horns, 50 baritones, and 24 contras. The guard is full, and I cannot speak for the drum line but I am pretty sure it is full also.

Ooooh...Kingsmen Junior Corps. I like.

Anyway, I live on the other side of the country, so I doubt it would happen now. Sometime in the future, though, I'd love to be a part of that.

WOW!!!! TOTALLY AWESOME TO SEE!!!!!

Kingsmen are my all-time favorite corps! 1972 was my first year in drum corps and I was at DCI in Whitewater.

In 1976, we finished 11th at DCI Midwest, Kingsmen were 10th (they took 10 in finals). While I was really bummed to not make finals, I was happy that we did not beat the Kingsmen....that would have been just wrong in my eyes.

Without question, the best uniforms (and tymps) in drumcorps history! All of the corps wearing blue these days, nothing comes close to Kingsmen blue!

themrs02.jpg

OMG...

hands.jpg

OMG!!...

KAC-7-14-07-53.jpg

so_traurig_079.gif

:worthy::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: