Academy...why the special treatment, DCI

Every other Division I corps tours thousands of miles competing night after night to get to this little show called Atlanta...which suppose to, according to DCI.org, determine the order of appearance for San Antonio. Here we sit, Academy sitting on their butts half the summer because I heard from a reliable source that they had 4 days off in a row at one point this summer, and yet they get the privilage of not going on first, like they should, in San Antonio even though they were not in Atlanta. Sounds fishy.

Is DCI developing a new pet which resides in Arizona?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Close this thread before my fricken HEAD explodes!!!!!!!!!!!

If you look closely you will discover that Mandarins were not in Allentown or Atlanta, and Pacific Crest was not in Atlanta and will not be in San Antonio. Mandarins got a performance time after Intermission also this Saturday. DCI I'm sure is doing groupings using scores from relatively closely dated contests and then conducting a drawing for order - just like they did in Atlanta. Academy was not in Atlanta but got a good score where they were this weekend. I think that is fair enough even if the luck of the draw plays into it. Would you rather these 3 West Coast corps do a coast to coast tour and then disappear because of finances? I would rather they be allowed to develop hopefully to be able to do a full tour and be allowed to grow right now. Blue Devils and Santa Clara Vanguard both do a full tour, but they are well established. Cascades appear to be at all of the regionals, but they didn't begin competing until two weeks later than everyone else.

Give me a break, DCI is not playing any favorites.

Every other Division I corps tours thousands of miles competing night after night to get to this little show called Atlanta...which suppose to, according to DCI.org, determine the order of appearance for San Antonio. Here we sit, Academy sitting on their butts half the summer because I heard from a reliable source that they had 4 days off in a row at one point this summer, and yet they get the privilage of not going on first, like they should, in San Antonio even though they were not in Atlanta. Sounds fishy.

:lol::worthy:

I actually agree with the poster of this thread. Because they were not in Atlanta they along with Mandarins should be performing at the beginning of the show. The touring division 1 corps should get some benefit.

First, let me say this...

Taken from another thread...

DCI did not do Academy any special favor. It was decided upon very early BEFORE the season actually began (I saw the memo dated April 3, 2007). There are three major shows at which at least one Div. I corps would be missing (Academy, Mandarins and/or PC)--Allentown, Atlanta and San Antonio.

It was stated that for the Allentown scores (July 7 and 8), Mandarins' score from June 30 and Academy's score from June 23 would be used; for the Atlanta scores (July 14), all three corps' scores from the July 14 Long Beach show would be used; and for San Antonio, PC's score from Long Beach will again be used.

This plan may have been slightly revised, but this was at least originally the plan.

Second, let me say this...

By your avatar, I hope not, but I'm guessing you marched Suncoast. *sigh* Thanks for putting my all-time favorite corps in such a bad light. If you did march with them, you of all people should be applauding the way AA and DCI is going about this.

Third, let me say this...

deadhorse.gif

Edited by skajerk