Academy...why the special treatment, DCI

If you look at PC's June Schedule (http://www.pacific-crest.org/2_calendar.cfm?month=6&year=2007) you'll note that they started in CA, left on the 26th... and on the 29th, made DCI Central Illinois, then on the 30th Mankato, MN. They spent the 4th back in Chicago after a few more shows.

They did fly home from Allentown according to their own schedule. So it looks like they're still doing limited touring, but broke out of the West Coast for a bit.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On another side,

I am much more disappointed that DCP is turning into the new and improved, RAMD!

I think the guys and girls at DCP have worked too hard to hake this as un-RAMD as possible.... what is happening.

Let us all try to support, and be nice.

All opinions should be respected that is a certainty... but must we always share that which is only for the purpose of stirring the pot???

I have enjoyed DCP, heck I read it everyday like the newspaper. Please help us all by not turning into the National Inquirer (sp?)

We have so many knowledgable people like Mr. Turner and the others that give valuable insight, reviews and other positive reading. Why can't this be about that?

I for one haven't been on RAMD for years... DCP was a safe haven from the BULL... now it drifts into DCP.

As founder of the site - I have to agree.

This thread and numerous others recently amount to "trolling" the site - or "flame bait"

I am not sure why this is being allowed to destroy the site.

It's not an issue of "free speech" - its an issue of responsible discussion.

This is flame-bait

Period!

Also - what happened to multiple threads on the same topic being combined???

Why are we having to put up with 2,000 different threads on narration & the cadets show??

Sad really. All the work that has gone into this site to watch it drift toward laughing-stock RAMD-like status.

Edited by George

If you have an issue with moderation on the website, then take it to the member service center. Please be respectful to the fellow posters and don't hijack the topic.

Thank you.

To each his own opinion.

This thread is threatening the Cadets/Abortion thread for the position of "Goofiest Thread of the Season."

If Academy is able to put together a competitive program in a fiscally responsible fashion, that is something that should be celebrated throughout the community as the model for other aspiring comptetitors. If Cadets and PR and BD want to spend every night on the road from mid-June to mid-August, that's their prerogative, but there's no reason for EVERYONE in Div 1 to have to follow the same model. In the case of most of the Div 1 corps, it makes sense in part because very few of the members actually live in the home area, so they have to do something to keep 'em occupied during the summer. But there has to be room for orgs that choose a more local membership and limited touring as well, particularly if the goal is for the number of Div 1 corps to rise...er....back to the levels they were when most corps had local memberships and had a limited summer touring schedule. B)

Academy's relative position in the Div 1 field can be sussed by looking at their scores in previous competitions. The golf and tennis analogies are about right; deciding to skip a few tournaments doesn't necessarily mean that a competitor is any LESS than they are. Nothing against any of the other competing corps out there, but for the sake of the activity, I'm hoping that Academy rolls into Pasadena and shows that a "part-time" Div 1 corps can do some serious damage.

They don't have to. And a good many of the folded corps would still be here if they hadn't.

Very true! Why would someone make such an idiotic statement? The obvious result being more corps going under due to financial difficulties by over extending themselves. Think before you speak or write!

You can't hijack flame-bait. B)

You can, however, not try to backseat drive the site by belittling it. I'm sure John appreciates that. :blink:

Put it in "Customer Service Center" like everyone else, or buy the site back and run it the way you want to.

To each his own opinion.

Jami - the thread is flame-bait

It is clear Academy has not gotten special treatment by DCI. To thread provides no evidence of their claim.

It's no different than somebody starting a thread saying "Staff member X sleeps with minors"

Irresponsible on the part of the original OP - and honestly - irresponsible for DCP to pay to host (and broadcast) such a pathetic discussion.

George - I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you.

You've already started your thread in the member service center.

Can we please move on now?