BEST photo of the year!

Caption:

Winner: Jim Jones Drum Major Leadership Award

He not only was an example for his corps, he was an example for everyone. His actions should be part of the definition for that award.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever sent the National Flag out there unguarded should be fired.

That's exactly why the Troopers' DM sticks around. B)

There are so many things wrong with this picture.

American Flag not guarded.

Improper respect for the flag.

Not a historical retreat as in the days before DCI, when all corps had a guarded American Flag, and all corps trooped and saluted each and every flag that they paraded in front of.

I was in the box with Cozy & John Donovan and thought Cozy was gonna have a stroke that nobody was guarding the colors.

The other thing was the poor DM that was waiting for the Troopers DM to leave, and he didn't budge.

And I am sure Cozy was well prepared to sprint down the stands and make it right!!

The sad thing we have to assume is that the other DM didn't understand why he declined to leave.

Outstanding. I'll take it as a sign that some traditions will survive, at least for a little while longer.

Mr. Crimm's behavior is perfectly in keeping with 36 CFR 10 - (assuming he saluted as it passed). For him to assume guard of the colors would be an insult to that unit.

I personally would prefer we shave a minute off of the set-up time for each corps and shorten intermission such that we can get the full corps retreat and still have the units depart at a reasonable hour. Retreat was my favorite part of marching with the Troopers. Well, that and the one police officer who turned to his partner as we passed and said, "Now that is a uniform!"

Wonder if we'll see other corps' DM's joining in in this tradition anytime soon?

WOW!!!!!!!!

That gives me goosebumps....

That's Class, and that's a real Hard Core DM!!!!

HONK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by JazzBari

C'mon! You don't need anyone to guard those flags. Troopers Drum Major Mark Crimm has got everything under control. Do you really wanna mess with THAT?

Perhaps Mark is a student of drum corps history.

I agree that it would be GREAT to reinstate full corps retreats. My observations nowadays is that after the last corps 1/2 the crowd clears out.