Question about Flag Presentation

Being so many years ago... '80 or '81...carrying the American flag was my first position in a corps at the age of 10. We were positioned in the front corner of the exit side of the field and stayed there the entire show. I wish I had the opportunity to move around the field....nothing like being mosquito food, and not being able to move!

"Don't you smack those skeeters! Those are MY skeeters and they gotta eat too!"

The general feel of the day B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must have mentioned the great feeling that performing that color presentation during every show.

It was highly gratifying to feel the response of the crowd during our "Woodstock" show in 1971 which featured the West Point Alma Mater theme. This was also the show where later our Contra Bass section actually rushed the American Flag trying to pull it down and were repelled by the the rifle and saber squad while the Mellophone section played wailing sounds like sirens accompanied by the snares rapping out sounds like gunfire and smoke cannisters were tossed on the field.

The people in the stands always went crazy!

We were always proud of our American Flag and Guard Section and featured them in many segments of our show.

COLORPRESSTRITAS1971.jpg

Edited by Puppet