Something new about Phantom Regiment..

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm almost certain I recognize that to be from McEachern High School in Powder Springs, GA. I just checked to see if they were there this past weekend, and they were, so there you go.

If that's the case, then it looks like they've done some significant upgrades to that place.

i avsolutley love it. i wonder if theyll ever change their logo to teal...mopst likely not.

hmmm... all I can think is: lack of contrast - and as Nikk said - looks like 92 (not really a good thing)

I dunno....I have liked several incarnations of the white Regiment uniform.

The 1987 unis were the prototype, of course, and the baldrick was satin and silvery. They kept this look in 1988. In 1989 they went to the black baldrick and gauntlets for the first time, and this was a fantastic look that they repeated in 1990.

1991 was my rookie year, and I was a little disappointed that we went with the silver baldrick at first, but it eventually grew on me. It was not the same baldrick style from 1987-1988, it was made with sequins instead of satin. Here is a picture:

baritones.jpg

In 1992 we started the year with a "drape" instead of a baldrick. This was universally despised by the judging community, apparently...and frankly, we didn't care for it too much either. Here is a pic:

lead_baris.jpg

Midseason, we decided to perform a show with the previous year's uniforms, and apparently we looked better, because they shelved the drape. We eventually added blue highlights to the baldrick:

tenors.jpg

In 1993 we went back to the white and black unis, and I was thrilled. Black baldrick, black gloves, black gauntlets...and a twist. The inside of the baldrick contained one of the colours featured on the color guard.

1993_opening.jpg

We kept this basic look in 1994, but I think the colour was removed from the inside of the baldrick. I was wearing a different uniform, so I don't really recall....Corey? Dave? Poodle?

The year after I aged out they went to black unis for the first time...I think that 1995 featured a silver baldrick (like in 1991), 1996 featured a very sleek all-black look, 1997 had a sun-looking sash/baldrick, and 1998 brought back the drapes for some reason, only in red.

I was quite happy to see the white unis come back in 2003.

Edited by The Tsar

no offense, but those drapes were hideous! lol

no offense, but those drapes were hideous! lol

And don't even get me STARTED on the carpet!

It's OK, but the all-white unis look a lot better with the black sash, gloves, gauntlets, and drop, a la 03-05...

I like that, BUT, I LOVED the effect the black sash had against the drums and the rest of what was going on. Hmm....

Well, my personal favorite Phantom uniforms are the ones they wore in the late 70's. The cape, the big red and black chevrons...good stuff.

Edited by dccorpsfan

We kept this basic look in 1994, but I think the colour was removed from the inside of the baldrick. I was wearing a different uniform, so I don't really recall....Corey? Dave? Poodle?

Yeah, they were black on the underside. I really liked our look that year, including the guard uniforms. (Though I’m pretty sure most of the girls hated dealing with them, because they frayed so easily.) Remember, in 92, what a pain it was having to fold those black shrouds and hide them in our baldric before the show? All so we could unceremoniously (and inconspicuously) plop them on the ground near our "dead" color guard...