Drum Corps in California

Heh... you should ask the members of '83 Sky Ryders what present they brought with them to CA. B)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

have have been here for more than just TOC. They were here in 93 as well....I LOVED seeing them live in Sacramento!

Wait, who came out in 93?

Scouts for sure came out in 94, it's in the Blue Knights book.

Has Boston ever been out this far?

Spirit hasn't come out west. As I mentioned above Crossmen have been. The last time being 1983.

Spirit's 1979 tour (my age-out year) took us to California for the Moonlight Classic show and Pacific Procession. I think there was one other show in Callfornia, but my memory's a little fuzzy on that. Crossmen were on that tour also, and we had off days with them at Disneyland and in San Francisco.

I'll bet there are quite a few Div2 & 3 corps that have never made the epic journey.

Epic journey?? :blink: Now don't make me flame on you about Div. II/III corps from Calforinia making "epic journeys" to the East Coast every year! :whistle:

I will be happy when people from other states stop complaining/worrying about coming to California FOR ONCE IN 45 YEARS!!!

If you don't think California deserves it, read my signature. California has given soooooo much to DCI and it's fans.

Spirit's 1979 tour (my age-out year) took us to California for the Moonlight Classic show and Pacific Procession. I think there was one other show in Callfornia, but my memory's a little fuzzy on that. Crossmen were on that tour also, and we had off days with them at Disneyland and in San Francisco.

Hmmm... Corpsreps is showing only the Concord show for '79. Guess that's why I missed it.

Edited by skajerk

Epic journey?? :blink: Now don't make me flame on you about Div. II/III corps from Calforinia making "epic journeys" to the East Coast every year! :whistle:

I will be happy when people from other states stop complaining/worrying about coming to California FOR ONCE IN 45 YEARS!!!

If you don't think California deserves it, read my signature. California has given soooooo much to DCI and it's fans.

I'm with ya man. I didn't mean to hit a vein with you.

It's an Epic Journey for the West coast corps every year.

It's about time everyone goes west - like young men.

Enjoy it!

I know for a fact that Bluecoats have never been to California - never west of the Rockies (Denver).........

Bluecoats are coming to Boise ID this year!!!! I believe thats west of the rockies. :)

Bluecoats are coming to Boise ID this year!!!! I believe thats west of the rockies. :)

Well, yeah. Obviously they'll be West of the Rockies this season. But Idaho isn't as far West as they'll be coming. They're going to be about 20 miles away from not being able to go any further West (without a boat, anyway). :D