Bel Canto trumpets

zachariaswmb

Okay, so I'm about to buy a new Bel Canto C trumpet. It's an amazing horn, and I am totally in love with it. Unfortunately, all I know about the horn is that it was designed by Dick Akright and Doc Severinsen, and they that haven't been made since 1998. Can anyone shed more light on these horns?

Edited by zachariaswmb

The BelCanto trumpets were made by Ziggy Kanstul, and were some of the finest horns made at the time.

Jimbalaya

Okay, so I'm about to buy a new Bel Canto C trumpet. It's an amazing horn, and I am totally in love with it. Unfortunately, all I know about the horn is that it was designed by Dick Akright and Doc Severinsen, and they that haven't been made since 1998. Can anyone shed more light on these horns?

The BelCanto trumpets were made by Ziggy Kanstul, and were some of the finest horns made at the time.

Jimbalaya

Dick Akright, is the name I always see associated with the manufacture of the Bel Canto trumpet. You say, Zig made it?

I think, Dick Akright, is also making all those copies of the vintage mouthpiece designs like the Parduba and the Rudy Muck, etc. Also think he has something to do with those "LOUD" mouthpieces I see advertised.

You've played it, right?

Oh yeah. It's an amazing horn.

Jimbalaya

Actually, it says 'Severinsen-Akright" on the bell. From the research I've done, it seems like those are the designers.

Interesting.....thanks for the clarification. I still believe the Bel Canto was manufactured by Ziggy under license from 'Doc' who designed it........I guess with Dick Akright. Maybe I'll Google and see what I can come up with

Oh yeah. It's an amazing horn.

Actually, it says 'Severinsen-Akright" on the bell. From the research I've done, it seems like those are the designers.

Interesting.....thanks for the clarification. I still believe the Bel Canto was manufactured by Ziggy under license from 'Doc' who designed it........I guess with Dick Akright. Maybe I'll Google and see what I can come up with

Hmmm, interesting. I'd love to hear what you come up with!

Heh........I came up with just what you said. The primary info was mostly about Doc, but did confirm that Dick Akright was the manufacturer........but I'm sure that Ziggy did, at one time, make the Bel Canto for Doc. Maybe I'll call him.

Hmmm, interesting. I'd love to hear what you come up with!

good luck with the C. I'm looking to get a new Bb trumpet before school starts. hope everything is going well for you this summer, and be prepared to play come September. :P see you soon my friend.

good luck with the C. I'm looking to get a new Bb trumpet before school starts. hope everything is going well for you this summer, and be prepared to play come September. :P see you soon my friend.

Oh, I will be ready, my good man. I'm definitely taking advantage of actually being home to work on the audition material, and to really be ready to nail it. I think I'm going to play something from Rose Variations for my piece. How about you? How's your summer going? Fire me a pm, man!