Motel Chains

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the 80's, I could count on Motel 6 being a good deal. But after me and my wifes overnighter to the Murfreesboro show, I will never stay at one again. Not just because of one night, but a few bad experiances in the last few years. Accor has ruined it.

So the question goes out to those who travel much. I know there is no perfect chain, but which one has become most consistant without robbing your wallet? After all, you are not there to stay in your room, but you do have to sleep in it.

:rolleyes:

I've stayed in a lot of Motel 6's all over the country. The main problem with them is not the actual motel. (The rooms are mostly clean and comfortable) The main problem is having to deal with all the noisy trashy people that stay there and the noisy bad locations of a lot of their motels...............

I've stayed in a lot of Motel 6's all over the country. The main problem with them is not the actual motel. (The rooms are mostly clean and comfortable) The main problem is having to deal with all the noisy trashy people that stay there and the noisy bad locations of a lot of their motels...............

I'd have to semewhat disagree. In 2003 we stayed at a Motel 6 in Beechwood Oh that was pristine and had an excellent manager. We went back 2 years later, different manager. and it was a dump. The pool was half empty and reeked from slim water. The first room was filthy and the furniture was sticky. They switched us to another room and the sheets had blood on them. I called the Board of Health on them. It wasn't the location or the clientele, it was the manager that ruined the place. Their is no excuse of the filth we encountered.

The best I've found so fair in budget is Microtel - very good luck with them in Allentown, Orlando, Tampa, and Cleveland

http://www.indy.org/indianapolis/web/jsp/w...x=1132625716452

We're going to stay at the Crowne Plaza. An easy walk to the stadium and all the great places downtown.

I'm going to be staying in my apartment on the northeast side of town. :)

I'm going to be staying in my apartment on the northeast side of town. :)

Show off! :P

Like most Embassy Suites, Amerisuites, Courtyard Marriotts, Hampton Inns, and Holiday Inn Express. Of course if I'm traveling on business, they usually book me in very nice hotels or resorts which is nice. B)

When I was just out of college and a poor old soul, Motel 6 and Super 8 were the bomb. I remember when DCI was first in San Antonio, I stayed in a Motel 6 just south of the stadium. It was the best Motel 6 I ever stayed in! Clean and safe as a whistle. Today most Motel 6's are pretty scary, just becuase of the clientele they now attract. When DCI was in Washington D.C., we stayed at a Motel 6, east of the city. That was interesting to say the least. After that I swore I would save up better when I travel to DCI events. Now I'm sad that this annual trip to Indianapolis is going to set me back at the minimum of $1,500 a year (coming from out west). Oh well - we pay to play right?

Edited by Whiskey

Anything in the Marriott or Hilton chains is usually a good bet, in my experience. Hampton Inn is part of the Hilton chain.... Fairfield Inn is part of the Marriott chain.

Some chains are wildly inconsistent.... Days Inn is one that comes to mind. Some are very nice, some are absolute dives.

And whatever you do..... if you ever need to spend a night in the Scranton, PA, area, DO NOT EVER stay at the Econo Lodge at exit 182 off I-81. That place is so bad, so rundown, so creepy, so dirty, that mere words cannot begin to do it justice.

Fran