Motel Chains

That's what I told my husband, of all the wierd places we had to sleep on tour.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience in Memphis, there are some places you should never go to in that town. I'll let you know where next time! :)

I kinda knew what I was getting into when I stopped at the flashing $29 neon sign. There are some great places in Memphis also. I was just being a cheap ########. :P

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the Coors brewery but I just got blue moons. LOL!

Did you guys get up to Red Rocks? Now that was awesome.

We "taste tested" alot of things there..lol. I loved Golden Colorado too!

Yes, we went to "Red Rocks"! It was awesome! I think I have some pictures of that too! I loved the history of the place and all the bands that played there. We even got that DVD of "Moody Blues" playing there!

We want finals back there some day!

Here you go..reason number "27" :P to have finals again in Denver..

RedRocks1.jpg

(Red rocks)

Rockies9.jpg

Rocky Mountains

:rock:

Here you go..reason number "27" :P to have finals again in Denver..

RedRocks1.jpg

(Red rocks)

Rockies9.jpg

Rocky Mountains

:rock:

I have to tell the truth. I like to think I'm in pretty decent physical condition but those stairs at Red Rocks just about killed me.

And the national park.... the coolest thing ever was being above the timberline. The tundra is very fragile. Quite an experience. Thanks for the memory.

I have to tell the truth. I like to think I'm in pretty decent physical condition but those stairs at Red Rocks just about killed me.

And the national park.... the coolest thing ever was being above the timberline. The tundra is very fragile. Quite an experience. Thanks for the memory.

You think the stairs at Red Rock were tough, get out and jog a little up on top of the park above the timberline. :P

I did a summer job cutting standing dead timber for the forest service one year... at about the timberline. Only place I have worked that you had to start a fire in the mornings some times in August to warm up.

Edited by WWonka

You think the stairs at Red Rock were tough, get out and jog a little up on top of the park above the timberline. :P

I did a summer job cutting standing dead timber for the forest service one year... at about the timberline. Only place I have worked that you had to start a fire in the mornings some times in August to warm up.

I have to say the air was very thin and it was quite a temp drop from what we'd experienced in Denver.

But one of the most memorable experiences of my life. And sharing it with someone I love dearly made it even more special.

Geez, I think I'm going to puke because I wrote that. :worthy:

Yep. I told a story about that same EconoLodge on the first page of this thread. The sheets there were bloody disgusting and I'm not using "bloody" in an affected Brittish accent derived from reading too much Harry Potter.

To make a long story short, my wife and I stayed a night at that EconoLodge a few years back...... we had seen and heard ads that the EconoLodge chain had been renovating their properties, cleaning up their act, etc.... so we figured, "let's give this place another chance.... it can't be as bad as it was few years ago." (When we had last stayed there.)

We were right. It wasn't as bad. It was worse.

My strategy for getting through that night was: Go to the hotel bar and drink myself off the barstool.... so I would be too plastered to notice how bad the room was, and therefore I could try and get some sleep.

The strategy pretty much worked. But wow.... the clientele at the hotel bar.....yikes. They resembled something out of a Federico Fellini movie. Very bizarre. But at least the Yuengling Lagers were cold.

Fran

Late to the party but I was out of town for a few days -

Agree with the original poster about Motel 6 in Murfreesboro. In fact I was reading and thought "exactly what my friends and I said".......than I realized it was Roger posting!

Chains that I have had mostly good experience with include -

Microtel - Never had a bad stay in one of their properties.......rarely stay there when going with my wife places though because they have very few, if any, king-size beds and I'm a big guy.....always have been.

Red Roof Inn - My personal favorite even though they have the same corporate affiliation as Motel 6. With only one exception (in Rocky Mount, NC) I've found Red Roofs to be at least acceptably clean......even the one in greater Scranton that we stayed at on a couple of our trips to the DCA Championships. OP - we could have gotten in to Red Roof at Murfreesboro probably $10 - $15 cheaper had we decided to go to the show and booked sooner than just the week before.

Comfort Inn - Again, only one unpleasant stay there (in Brunswick, GA). I'll usually look for a Comfort Inn first if the place I am going doesn't have a Red Roof.

OK, so I'm WAY late to the party, but I also just got back in town after attending DATR. The Hampton Inn was my hotel chain of choice in the Denver area.

Beds - solid Box 5

Price - high Box 4

Staff - high Box 4 (the only thing that keeps this out of Box 5, she didn't know where the Starbucks was)

Reservations - Box 4

Location - High Box 5

Shower Curtain - low Box 2 (Definite lack of clarity. Oh, maybe that's on purpose?)

Continental Breakfast - middle Box 3 (I have never seen so many white people in all my life)

Also in competition:

Obnoxious children and clueless parents on the plane - DQ

Rental car warning buzzers that you can't figure out - Box 2

Local home town Buffalo Bill Days festival - Box 4 (Many happy dogs. More white people. Starbucks.)

Brooklyn's - Box 5!! Before, during and after

Paying back a Karmic debt - C'mon now. You know you can't judge karma.

The Denver Tech Center Hotel - Box 1. Not OK. Unacceptable. Details on request.

Christina at Safeway - HIGH Box 5, like a 19.8 (The only Hispanic in town, maybe. Grilled bagel solved a deperate need. She rocks.)

My travel companion(s) - definitely Box 5

I'll be in Tempe on Saturday and I think it's a Courtyard by Marriott and some random shaved ice place. I'll let you all know.